xxi.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE !

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

most days florence went out to assist some professionals, it was fun to experience different career paths. but when coming back home, she was just drained from it all. talking to people, walking around all day.. as much as she loved it, it gets exhausting.

while being out, clay spent time at the raine household and played with mikey most of the time. almost immediately, he was welcomed into the family with open arms.

mr raine took a liking to clay, liking how he helped whenever he could and was very considerate.

"i'm home," florence huffed as she walked through the front door, hanging her bag on the hook and kicking off her shoes.

she hears ruckus in the kitchen followed by the familiar giggles of her little brother. she smiled to herself, wondering what they could possibly be doing.

when peeking into the kitchen, flor sees mikey and clay eating something out of a bowl, she could smell the familiar scent of cake batter. she chuckled, "what are you guys making?" though, she knew the answer.

the two look up, clay grins, "flor, we didn't even hear you get home!"

mikey waves, "hey flor! we're making a cake!"

"pretty yummy so far," clay nods, holding up the bowl of cake batter, "wanna try some?"

she shakes her head, kindly declining as she walked over. "don't have a lot, you guys can get a stomach ache."

both boys look at one another, eyes widened. clay gulps a bit, "we kind of ate the last bowl of cake batter... this is our new batch."

florence's eyebrows raised, "you can't be serious! you guys can get very sick!"

mikey chirps, "oh well!"

"not oh well," florence laughs, "no more cake batter! anyway, what's the occasion?"

"no occasion," the little boy shrugged, "just wanted cake."

she hums, "where's dad?"

"he went to the grocery store to get some stuff for dinner."

florence had helped the two out with baking, and eventually made her way to her room when her father arrived back home.

she let out a big sigh, jumping onto her bed. her eyes began to slowly close, but the abrupt feeling of someone jumping on her back caused her to open them.

"ow ow ow," she groaned in pain, the sound of clay laughing was heard. "you moron! you're like six feet, you're practically squishing me!"

clay wheezes harder as he turned over to the other side, getting off of her back. "i thought it was funny!"

she tried to hide her small smile, "you're an idiot." she dug her face back into the mattress.

clay scoots over, pulling the blanket over the two.

he's noticed how drained she'd become ever since she started the whole program. he empathized, putting his arm around her. "how was your day?"