xiv.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN !

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

when arriving home, niki insisted on the two have a high school musical marathon, which was something florence was excited for.

surprisingly she hadn't thought much about dream, mostly because she forced herself not to. if he wanted to say goodbye, he would have.

"so, where are you going to go? canada or the us?" niki asked halfway through the first movie.

flor shrugged, glancing at her best friend. "no clue, if i were to go to canada i could honestly just stay home instead of having to go to a hotel. but i researched and the states have better career opportunities."

"when's the last time you saw mikey?"

"since planning my mum's funereal."

"oh right," she nodded, "why don't you go to canada then? you can finally see him as well as experience all of those opportunities."

"i could, but i don't know." flor sighed, beginning to fidget with her ring. "i don't know that i wanna go anywhere in general."

"how come?"

"i just feel like if i find opportunities over there, that's a whole other country you know? what if i prefer how they do things over there than i do here? i don't want to move. and plus, you live here. i don't want to move somewhere you're not.."

niki smiled softly, "that shouldn't stop you. i shouldn't be pulling you back."

flor chuckled a bit, "you're my best friend and it would be hard moving somewhere and being miles away from you."

"true, i'd miss you a lot. but those countries need some kind of psychologist, america more than canada, and you're an amazing one."

the two laughed, she replies, "i don't think i'm going to though."

"tell clay about this and see what he says," her friend insists.

"clay doesn't care."

niki furrows her eyebrows, "huh? what makes you say that?"

"he left without saying goodbye."

"i'm sure he does," niki frowned recalling the twos conversation that morning. "he seriously didn't?"

"nope."

"i'm sure there was a reason for it."

"i don't know."

niki notices the look on her face, "stop being stubborn, flor. you know he cares about you a ton."

"either way, let's be real, chances of him and i actually becoming a thing was just an illusion. to him and me."

"but you really like him flor, i can tell. he also likes you a lot."

"yeah, but people can like each other and not necessarily want to make things work."