xv.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN !

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

incoming facetime call from :
.....

florence didn't even notice, but she smiled when she answered, pointing the camera up to the ceiling she peeps a small, "hello."

when seeing his screen pop up, clay only showed his hair. "hey, where'd you go? i only see the ceiling."

she chuckled, "what? you miss seeing my face?"

"of course, how could i not?"

rolling her eyes, she props the phone so he could see her full face. she tried not to laugh, "happy now?"

"very much so," clay chuckled, there was a bit of movement on his end before he said, "i'm going to show patches, but if i show you patches, you have to promise me one thing?"

"what? what could the dream possibly want from me?"

"i'm being serious!" he stated before asking, "would you let me take you on a date?"

flor furrowed her eyebrows, scoffing a bit, "you're in florida. what do you mean date?"

"i know, well no shit!" he laughed nervously, "but like—i meant like... i mean i wanna like— i don't know, i would take you out if you were to like take that offer you were talking about? i mean i'm not going to assume you're going to come here and not canada.. but hypothetically if you were—"

"i'm not going to either.." she interrupted him, and he almost sounded hurt. "what? why not?"

"because what if i find better opportunities in those places? then what? i'll have to move."

"why is that a bad thing?"

"because.." she sighed, putting her phone down so that he doesn't see her face anymore. "i just prefer it here. and i'd be far away from niki.."

"ohhh.. i see.." clay hummed, "i mean if you think that's best then sure. i know how hard long distance friendships can be."

"well yeah. but i feel like if i don't take it, then i'm just wasting an opportunity, y'know? but i know someone else would want this, so i must just turn it down."

clay nods, "i understand. well you have a week to think about it. or have you made your mind?"

"yeah, uh, i don't think imma go."

"that's okay," he reassured, but he moved his phone, also flipping his camera. "look it's patches!"

flor grins, seeing the cat laying on the edge of a bed. "aww she's so cute."

he pets the cat, "yeah she's sleeping. i'll let her be." to which he flips his camera back to him, he frowns. "you're so mean, all i see is your forehead. what did i do to deserve this kind of treatment?"

laughing she replied, "you're you. that's enough."

"what does that even—" clay began to laugh, after a few seconds there was knocking on his door. "wait hold on." he caught his breath before setting his phone down.