Chapter Eighteen: Home At Last

April, 2013

It was hard to know how to feel when they arrived back at Big Hit. It seemed like so much had changed in just a week. He felt like JK and Tae were his best friends (or more, he admitted to himself). He couldn't imagine having to join other random trainees and become an Idol Group with them... and yet he had never felt better about his dancing, so he didn't want to leave the label.... His mind seemed to swoop in a confusing mess.

Monday morning he reported to the trainee room like normal. All the trainees were stretching...also normal.... Jimin searched for JK and V, and his heart sank as he saw them joined in close conversation with Namjoon, Seokjin, Yoongi, and Hoseok. Of course...he had forgotten that JK and V usually didn't even train with the regular trainees anymore. Hot tears threatened his eyes suddenly...for one week he had been so happy, he had belonged to people. And now he was alone again. He pulled his hair down over his eyes and tried to focus on his stretching.

The Bangtan Boys seemed to be in heated debate and conversation, and if Jimin wasn't mistaken they constantly looked over. Eventually Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok walked out of the room purposefully and the rest of the group started to stretch. What is up? Jimin couldn't help but wonder.

After lunch no one in BTB was anywhere to be seen. Jimin swallowed nervously... 

They broke for dinner and suddenly Namjoon was at his side. "Jimin"

Jimin jumped. "Ah, Namjoon-Hyung, what's up." Namjoon smiled his big, free, dimply smile.

"Can you come with me, I need to talk to you." Jimin's heart pounded in his ears. If he was about to get fired, Namjoon wouldn't smile. He knew that. He followed him, trying to keep his mind as quiet as he could. Namjoon led him up to Bang PD's office, and Jimin was greeted by smiles from every member. What was happening. 

"Well Jimin, you seem to have upset a lot of people." Bang said with a grin. Jimin's heart dropped. "Or maybe I should say that I upset a lot of people..." He smiled compassionately. 

"You know Jimin, when we removed you from the Bangtan Boys, it wasn't because you weren't a GOOD dancer...in some ways it was because you were too good of a dancer. But your friends here have never been happy about it. Namjoon and Hoseok fought for you to go to the dance workshop, and I've had visits from nearly everyone every few days since we removed you. They are all telling me that they need you, that they wouldn't work without you, that you are a key member." 

Jimin literally wasn't sure what to think or feel. He let it all wash over him. They fought for me. They wanted me. He started to smile despite himself, his cheeks flushing red. 

"I wasn't convinced though." All the blood that had moved warm to Jimin's face now drained out of it and his face became white. Bang-shi caught his eye and covered his small hand with his larger one. "Until I saw the group performance from LA." Jimin stared into his eyes. "Not only did you transform, learn, but so did your Bangtan Brothers." 

He looked straight into Jimin's eyes. "We want to debut Bangtan Sonyeondan with Park Jimin as it's 7th member, if you'll still have us. I have to admit, I'm excited to see what you guys can do...

Jimin covered his face with his hands and started to sob. His now official fellow members cheered, lifted him to his feet, led him HOME.   He was still blind with tears as they spilled through the door. 

Yoongi played their song, the original song that Yoongi had produced when Jimin first joined BTB, now BTS, he reminded himself. They danced, they sang Karaoke.. Jimin laughed harder and longer than he ever had. 

This was it, he thought. This is my family. I am home.  

It wasn't a dream anymore, it was real.