Chapter Five: Mochi Jimi

May 2012

The morning found him. He turned over and moaned. Thank God he had stopped drinking when he did, he wasn't used to it. He was on the couch but apparently someone had helped him lay down, had given him a pillow and covered him with a blanket. Wow. Maybe they don't totally hate me. ... and then the thought that always came next like a gut punch... except that they don't want me in their group...

He stumbled to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. He nearly jumped before he realized what he was seeing. There was a big JK written across his forehead, and other initials or little pictures, too. It looked like several of the members had drawn all over his face while he was sleeping.

Annoyed and pretending to himself that it wasn't funny at all, he scrubbed at his face to try to clean it. It just turned bright red and splotchy, still with black and blue ink all over. He stared back at himself suddenly feeling as awful as he looked.

He walked out of the bathroom finally to find all 6 of the members having breakfast. Jin was serving up eggs and bacon to everyone.

They ALL looked up at him when he walked back into the room. He couldn't even take in all their tiny expressions and impressions.. Jin started to crack up, Yoongi smirked...

"Look at how red your cheeks are, they look like mochi!" Namjoon howled with laughter.

Jimin blushed bright red, shame filling him hot inside. He started putting on his shoes and coat, desperate for escape. How could he have let himself think for even a second that they liked him? He hoped he could just exit without further ridicule.

"Wait, wait!" said Hoseok, "Where are you going, you didn't even eat!"

Jimin looked at the food. The smell made his mouth water. But his eyes caught his reflection in the mirror, his face round as a bun and his cheeks pink as mochi. You think you need the fat in bacon, Fatty Jimi?

"I am okay, my stomach is still settling," lied Jimin. "But I have to go now, I have to meet a friend for lunch." And another lie, for the win!

Namjoon's eyes raked over his face searchingly. "Okay Jimin" he said, eventually...

Jimin opened the door and as he rushed out, he heard Namjoon calling "Hey, congrats again for last night!" He didn't turn around but his face was as confused as his mind. And before Jimin knew it, once again he was running, running down the hall, running away, running scared and ashamed. "I don't need them," he thought angrily. "I don't need anyone."