Chapter Four: Is this Home?

May 2012

She hit the last note and they held, their bodies frozen into inaction by the end of the song as quickly as they had been activated when it began. He glanced first at Hoseok, that serious look on his face as he panted... and then at Jungkook on his other side. Even though he still felt annoyed and jealous...they had rocked the performance and he couldn't help but smile at the younger boy who was somehow already taller than him... Jungkook's face broke into a huge grin back to Jimin and Jimin's heart unexpectedly jumped. He squirmed uncomfortably, and the lights fell.

They ran back stage into the darkness, eventually finding each other in route to the green room. Jimin's whole body seemed to buzz as Hoseok wrapped his arm around his waist as they entered the green room. Everyone was beaming, they had done well. Their faces shone with a combination of sweat and happiness and confidence. Waiting in the green room was Namjoon, Taehyung and Jin; Jimin was surprised to find himself getting hugs and pats on the back from all the Bangtan Boys.

Namjoon popped a bottle of champagne. "Congratulations for a great performance, guys, I know that isn't easy to do live!"

He filled 6 champagne flutes and then with a wink filled one halfway for Jungkook. Jimin burst out laughing but he was one of a chorus, Jungkook sputtering but acceptant, Jin insisting on the young boy showing respect to his elder. The 7 clicked glasses and drank...Jimin tried to stamp the moment into his memory. That might be the closest I get to being an Idol, he thought to himself...

A couple hours later, Jimin found himself back at the dorms of the Bangtan Boys, now a bottle of wine open on the table and beer cans littered about. Hoseok had settled into a silent stupor while Yoongi was waxing on with slurred excitement about the benefits of certain kinds of synthesizers as Namjoon nodded enthusiastically, eyes half closed. Jin and Jungkook were playing video games excitedly. He had been deep in conversation with Taehyung about their performance, but Tae had walked out of the bathroom and into his bedroom, and Jimin was sure he would find him curled up in his bed like a baby.

With a yell, Jin threw his video game controller aside, roared at Jungkook who was rolling around on the floor giggling madly, and said "That's it!! I'm going to bed." 

After Jungkook recovered from his victory, he turned on Karaoke and started to sing with that pure angel voice. Jimin watched him sing as he settled into a drunken stupor. As hard he tried to think how annoying it was what a perfect singer Jungkook was or how he had the perfect body... in this moment all he could do was let Jungkook's angel voice wash over him like a warm breeze. Jungkook glanced over at him and smiled adorably... A prickly heat moved inside him as he stupidly smiled back. His happiness and the alcohol seemed to cover him like a warm blanket, and he fell asleep to Jungkook's voice and the movement of his body and the smiles that found his eyes as they closed.