Chapter 7

"Get ready to learn brother." Ruben said smirking as Johnny went to tell Mama and daddy and everyone it was time for us to show them our style. 

Pano went and got Afu so he could do his song and grabbed his drum as we stood around in a circle. 

"Damn that boy got some pipes." Mike said smiling. I smiled proud of my baby cousin.

"That's my boy!" Pano yelled proudly as everyone clapped one he was done. Then my grandpa started a song that has been sung in our family for years as we all joined, Raven taking the main lead.

"For all of our sisters, mothers, daughters, who couldn't make it home, you are always with us." Mama said holding her head up high. Her Aunt had been one of the MMIW, she had been taken coming home from school when she was about 15, they found her body mutilated about a month later, which is why mama made us take martial arts classes and self defense classes so we could protect ourselves. 

Wiping their eyes everyone was clapping besides the haters. Mama June held Mama's hand giving it a tight squeeze. 

"Oh honey, they never leave, they are always with us, in our hearts, in our minds, and in our souls. We'll always remember them." She said as Mama smiled giving her a hug. 

"We are Polynesian, Samoan to be exact. And we want to show you a bit about us." Pano said catching everyone's attention. As Moana spoke up and they started a Haka that got my entire family Native and all involved who knew how to do it. 

"We welcome you to our family! Ayao is our sister and you are her family so you are ours." Pano exclaimed at the end. 

"I just want to make a toast while we have everyone's attention. Gavin, I didn't think you would go searching for my lost grandbaby when you found out, but you said you'd find her and you did. You brought something so special to our lives again. I'm a great grandma, to two beautiful little girls, I have a smart and handsome soon to be grandson in law. I gained another daughter and sister with Aiyana and Nani, I gained a son with Billy, and 2 more granddaughters with River and Rain. Because you made our family whole again. I know if your grandpa was still around he'd be so proud of the bright young woman you've become Ayao. Thank you Ayao for accepting us when you didn't have to after everything Amanda and Arthur put you through, you didn't have to meet us or anything, but you did and I'm happy I got to finally meet you." Rose said wiping her tears as I smiled walking over giving her a hug. 

"Thank you for loving me still when they didn't." I whispered to her as she just hugged me tighter.

"Actually, Teulia is having her 6th birthday party this weekend at Ayao and Ruben's, why don't you guys come. Well everyone but Amanda and Arthur." Mama said smiling.

"How dare you exclude me from my granddaughter's birthday?" Amanda yelled again as I looked upside her head.

"Don't get the taste slapped out of your mouth 2 days in a row, woman. As I said before you're not my mother, you're an incubator. That was it."

"Mom, just let her be with her little weird family, I'm still your daughter." Yvonne said walking over giving her a hug. 

"You're also the daughter that had 2 abortions, dropped out of college and does cocaine." Corbin said making her blush in embarrassment, as I held my snicker in.

"Oh don't forget that she cheated on Kyle like 15 times and he still takes her flat ass back." Megan added in.

"Or how she lied on her SAT and got caught." Brandon threw in, they just lighten her up.

"Okay guys enough raggin on Von. We know she ain't all there. Be nice." Lauren said sweetly but just made everyone laugh even more.

"Okay, okay guys. Uh, God, I never thought that I would see this day. If I'm being honest, I never wanted to look or find any of you. All my family or I knew was that my incubator and sperm donor didn't even care enough to drop me off at a fire station or leave me at the hospital, but throw me on the side of the road into a bush. I never thought about them after that. I knew I was adopted but no one ever let me believe it. I'm still told I look just like my mama constantly. When Gavin first came to find me I almost killed him, and that' not a joke. If it wasn't for Paul and Johnny I may have slit his throat. I thought he was trying to kidnap me. But I'm happy I didn't. I now have 2 little brothers, besides Sione, I have another grandmother, a beautiful great grandmother, some bad ass cousins and I'm grateful. I honestly thought I'd hate you all, when Gavin invited me to the dinner and everything, but you are all just so damn amazing besides, Stephan and Von and her buddy, but everyone else is just amazing. So thank you for accepting me and my family into yours. 

After the speeches we just went back to getting to know everyone, I had a lot of uncles and aunts who were really excited to meet me and the kids. Before we knew it, it was time to go.

"Oh Mike we're going to the bar later, y'all should come." Ruben invited as we were telling everyone by.

"Oooo can I come?" Corbin asked excited.

"You're lucky this one allows minor with adult supervision. So sure." I told him as he got even more excited. 

"Well guess what I turned 18 today so I don't even need adult supervision." He smiled proudly.

"Aww well happy birthday baby bro." River said giving him a hug.

"So we'll swing by at like 9 to head to the bar?" Paul asked as they looked at each other nodding.

"Wait what about the kids?" 

"They're staying with Mama and Daddy tonight. They always spend their second night back home with my parents. Just a tradition we started with Teulia that's just continued, Plus it's our date night." I explained

"Well see y'all tonight. Be ready for some fun."