eighteen

Summary:

Finding out the current location of Mayfeld was easy. But convincing him to join the cause of finding you was the hard part, considering that he and the Mandalorian weren't exactly in good terms from that prison incident. It might take a bit of persuasion, since the ex-empire sharpshooter is an essential asset for this rescue mission.

Side Notes: Let's just pretend Mando didn't get the baskar spear from the magistrate and got it in a different way. And let's also just say that Cara has some good connections with the New Republic as I didn't made her a marshal in my book. Like I said, I'm doing a lot of tweaking shh... 😂 Also, y/n won't be here very much, sorry! 

Word Count: 5000

***

Grogu winced, crying out in despair as he saw a vision of you and the Mandalorian duelling each other. It was no practice sparring whatsoever, it was genuine fighting. There was something else, he sensed something dark about you, but he couldn't think of exactly what effect it had on you. There was definitely a disturbance in the force. He could feel it in his very core. 

The Mandalorian came rushing by his side as soon as he heard Grogu wailing. He saw the little green creature curled up in a fetus position inside the floating orb, breathing heavily in between desperate cries. Being the adoptive father that he is, he picked up the little green bean in the stronghold of his arms, gently rocking him back and forth from his panicked state.

"I know, I know. I miss her too kid," he said in a hushed tone.

Within a few seconds, Grogu somewhat relaxed his posture, knowing that one of his parents was with him. He couldn't exactly explain to the Mandalorian what was going on in his mind, since he had a unique way of communicating. Besides, he knew perfectly well that visions provided by the force could be misinterpreted many times. Thus, eventually misleading that individual. It's difficult to know exactly about these visions. Oh how he wished someone as force-attuned such master Yoda were still around. 

Grogu was still considered as a youngling, and younglings didn't normally practice their meditation skills until they became padawans. It was through a bit of meditation where someone could somehow understand those visions, and not be mislead by impulsiveness. Whatver Grogu saw, he strongly wished for it not to be true. But no matter how much wishing he does, it doesn't remove the fact that there was indeed a disturbance in the force.  

He attempted to warn the Mandalorian that he might have to face you with as many gestures as he could, only for him to not have a clue as to what he was trying to say.

"I'm sorry, kid. I wish I could understand you, I really do. But you know only (y/n) can communicate with you by using the force, and I'm not force-sensitive like you two." 

The child slumped onto his father's chest, where he was sobbing quietly. The Mandalorian lifted him up, spotting the glistening tears that rolled down his green cheeks. If only he were able to understand Grogu, then he would probably know exactly what to do to comfort the little green bean. But he could only assume that he missed you, as did he and everyone else in the ship. 

The poor thing. The armoured man had never seen Grogu engulfed with such grief and distress before. He could practically feel his little heart speed up where he placed his hand near the child's cloaked chest. 

Their quick father and son bonding had been interrupted when a beeping noise was heard from the cockpit. The Razor Crest had jumped out of hyperspace, revealing a planet where Mayfeld was held as a prisoner.