nineteen

Part 1 of 3

"It's a trap!" -Admiral Ackbar

Summary:

Rescuing you is now the number one priority of the Mandalorian. He will do everything it takes for you to be back by his side. With the coordinates of Moff Gideon now at his grasp, nothing will stop him from defeating him. But what the armoured man does not know is there is something else that is awaiting him...

Side Notes: I'm so sorry that chapter 18 seemed long and boring. I felt like it would make sense for my story, but I've been contemplating whether to delete that chapter or not and just head start with this chapter after Moff Gideon took control of (y/n). Hmm, but what's done has already been done 😅

Word Count: 4506

***

Grogu had somewhat relaxed knowing the fact that you were finally going to be rescued. He sat on the Mandalorian's lap as he played with his favourite metallic sphere that was part of a lever. But the little green creature couldn't shake the feeling that he sensed a great amount of imbalance whenever you were on his mind, especially that vision that he saw of you and the Mandalorian duelling from a few days ago. It also didn't help that he couldn't exactly tell the armoured man about it, considering that he won't understand him.

The Mandalorian looked fondly over at his adoptive son, watching the precious green bean learn more each and everyday. The only thing that was missing was you being with them both. It saddened him to think that you sacrificed yourself for everyone without any hesitation. After you were captured, his thoughts about you had never left his mind. He often wondered if you were being tortured, starved, abused... It endlessly plagued him for the past few days. 

But why you of all people? He would have gladly taken your place. Selflessness was one your traits that stood out to him, and it makes perfect sense why you ended up doing what you did, even if he didn't agree with it. He knew you were someone who was very powerful, but it was Moff Gideon. That man was no stranger of killing to get whatever he desires. 

Din felt a small gentle touch on top of his gloved hand; it was Grogu. His little green hand caressed his father's much larger ones. His dark large beady eyes that could melt the toughest exterior stared at Din straight in the eyes. The little green bean tried to comfort the armoured man, sensing the great amount of grief that radiated throughout him. 

"Oh, hey Grogu," the Mandalorian gasped in surprise. "I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to tell me, but I'm feeling somewhat better. Thanks kid." 

"Ready to see mama again, little fella?" Greef cheerfully asked the child.

"Owuuh~!" Grogu's ears perked up from hearing the word mama. He misses you, the past few days had felt like an eternity for the poor creature. 

"Looks like someone is excited," Cara patted Grogu's green wrinkly head, in which he closed his eyes and relaxed to. "You ready to face Moff Gideon?"

"Yes. He will pay for taking (y/n) away from Grogu and I," the Mandalorian nearly growled. 

"Leave some room for me. I also need to pay that Imperial scum for what he did to my planet, Alderaan." 

"What did the Moff do?"

"The empire blew it up to ashes. All my family, my friends, everyone I knew there was gone in just a matter of seconds. Moff Gideon was one of the masterminds of that plan..." Cara's voice trailed off, fighting the heavy tears that soaked her eyes.