eight

Summary:

You and the Mandalorian were tasked by an old colleague of his to break out a notorious prisoner, whom the armoured man ironically acquainted himself with as well. In order to break out the prisoner, the two of you needed to form a temporary team with a rag tag group of mercenaries, and they weren't exactly known for their good manners. 

Word Count: 3030

***

The Razor Crest landed on a rather crowded platform and hangar. Sparks flew out from the wielding works of the many engineers and mechanics in the busy place, giving you and the Mandalorian (most likely the Mandalorian) strange looks as you passed by them. You assumed that it was either they haven't seen his kind for awhile or never at all. It wasn't exactly an easy task to be ignored, with his shiny beskar armour and all. You being a Jedi on the other hand, were a prize that many people were after, and therefore decided to conceal your lightsaber out of sight for now. 

"Mando," the voice of a matured man bellowed from beside. "Is that you under that bucket?" 

"Ran," the Mandalorian replied, stretching his hand out for a handshake.

You assumed that these two have been acquainted with each other from way back, with the way that they talked so casually to one another gave it away. The stubby-looking man was gruff in appearance, seeming like he had years of bounty hunting as evident by his dark grey hair, and a rather long beard to top it off. All that bounty paid off if your name were to be legendary, which you assumed this Ran guy was. He looked retired from actual field work and hired other mercenaries to do the dirty work. 

"I didn't really know if I'd ever see you in these parts again. Good to see you," the bearded man placed a hand onto his friend's shoulder, patting the hard beskar armour. "You know, to be honest, I was a little surprised when you reached out to me. You know, cause I... I hear things. Like, maybe things between you and the guild aren't workin' out."

"I'll be fine," the Mandalorian reassured in a defensive manner. 

Ran slightly raised his hands in a form of surrender, "Okay. Well, you know the policy. No questions. And you, you're welcome back here any time." He paused, averting his gaze towards you who hasn't said a word, "Mando, I didn't know you had a new girl with you!" 

"Not exactly my girl-"

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure your girl from back then won't have any hard feelings for you anymore," Ran snickered, patting the Mandalorian's back. 

You felt yourself heat up as a flush of pink shaded your cheeks. The way you felt about the Mandalorian grew stronger every day you spent with him, breaking the protocol of the Jedi order not to form any attachments. But now that the mechanic from Tatooine and this Ran guy had given you labels such as husband and his new girl, you felt like there was no going back anymore with your overflowing emotions. 

"So, what's the job?"

"Yeah, one of our associates ran afoul of some competitors and got himself caught. So I'm puttin' together a crew to spring him. It's a five person job and I got four. All I need is the ride and you brought it." He glanced at you once again, eyeing you from head to toe, "Your girl here, is she any good at fightin'?" 

"She can handle herself perfectly fine when she feels like it. Also, the ship wasn't part of the deal."

Ran glanced right at you, snickering from the Mandalorian's statement, "She's not much of a talker now, is she?"