Chapter 5 - She's One Of The Boys

Hi all - I just wanted to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to everyone reading!

Gun on! =)

~ ~ Chapter Five ~ ~

I took a lot quicker than them two to clean up since I didn't have that much on me, I only really needed to wash all the gunk off my hands, rinse some out of my hair and wipe some off my shirt. So I went to wait outside for them.

After a few minutes of waiting around and leaning up against a brick wall I noticed Grug walking in my direction at a leisurely pace with his hands in his trouser pockets. He looked up and noticed me then smiled, "Eva Thorn," he spoke.

I rolled my eyes, "Grug Nelson."

He chuckled lightly, "Mr Nelson remember but anyway, I got a phone call from Jack just before asking how you were settling in. He wasn't that surprised to hear you had managed to walk out of first period and be involved in a food fight in third and already have two detentions," he sounded amused.

Groaning, I protested, "The second detention was totally unfair, it wasn't even my teacher who gave it to me and I only walked out on first because that di-, um, doofus wouldn't let me go to the toilet and if you ask correctly, it wasn't me who started the food fight."

He seemed to think about this for a moment, then looked over at two boys shoving each other around, "Not in my hallway," he called out to them in a stern tone, they both glanced up and shrunk back a little before disappearing around the corner, "I have a feeling that you are going to be one of the students that I will see in my office often."

I shrugged, "I don't plan on it but then again, things never work out the way I want them to."

He nodded slowly and held a straight face as he spoke his next words, "Yes, no one ever plans on getting busted." I stared at him with a small smile then he finally cracked and chuckled softly.

Shaking my head gently at him, "Man, you are so much like Jack."

Suddenly the doors to the bathroom opened up and Travis and Stevie came walking out, laughing about something but they both stopped when they saw Grug and I looking at them, "Um....hi Mr Nelson," Travis muttered with a smirk.

"Travis," Grug nodded, and then looked at the other one, "Steven."

"Stevie," Stevie corrected, he hated his real name and I bet Grug knows that.

Grug smiled slightly then turned to face me again, "I'll be checking up on you in P.E," and then he kept on walking, whistling to himself.

"Um, when do I have P.E?" I asked my brothers quietly.

Both of them cracked up laughing, "He is so onto you!" Travis pushed me forward slightly while Stevie stepped up beside me, "P.E is last class," he grinned. I groaned loudly, why won’t this flipping day end already?

****

The other three were lazed around on a wooden picnic table under a huge oak tree in the middle of the enclosed courtyard - being as loud as they possibly could. Glancing around I saw the girl who won’t be my friend sitting alone and quietly eating an apple while reading a book, her eyes never leaving the pages she was so engrossed in.

She looked so out of place here.

Pushing Grant to the side I plopped down onto the bench in between him and Harper, "So, who brought my lunch?" I asked loudly, trying to be heard over top of them as Travis and Stevie sat down on the other side from us joining Grant.