💜𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 18💜

A distant memory

“What are you doing?”, asked the young wingless guardian of positivity with a look of worry in his eyes as he watched his so-called-sister climbing the Tree of Feelings.

The young guardian of negativity only smirked at this as she grabbed on to a branch and began to climb it. Nightmare climbed so fast, that Dream didn’t stop her.

Instead, he only laughed. Nightmare smiled as she made her way up with success she reached the top and sat down on a branch. It was sturdy enough to hold her, or at least she thought.

"Okay Midnight, you get down from there before you hurt yourself.", Dream stood there, anxiety filling his mind as he watched Nightmare stood up and starts walking around the branches.

"If you fall I swear to god.", Dream glared up at his "sister".

Nightmare only stick her tongue out at him as she continue walking on the branches like a tightrope, "Awww don't be such a party pooper, Dream

Nightmare only stick her tongue out at him as she continue walking on the branches like a tightrope, "Awww don't be such a party pooper, Dream."

Nightmare didn't look where her foot just landed then slipped on the tree branch. Her eyes widened as she began plunging down to the bottom, Dream then attempted to catch her.

“AAAAAAAAA—“

"This will be the last time you climb a tree.", Dream frowned at his "sister" as he was removing the leaves from her hair.

Nightmare laughed, she let Dream do his thing while she was making flower crowns. "I thought you enjoyed spending time with me."

They were sitting in the middle of a meadow, surrounded by wild flowers and loud buzzing insects, bugs were flying all around them, always busy, always on their way somewhere. Just like their own lives recently. They never had enough time for each other, due to the fact how Dream is needed by the townsfolk leaving Nightmare all alone instead she decided to cause some mischief just to get out of her boredom. This moment now, was the opposite. And that was why Nightmare had taken Dream's hand led him to a different location. They could be alone out here. For a moment, they could just leave their problems behind and just enjoy each other's company.

"Yes. But hurting yourself is not in the list.", Dream narrowed his eyes at the female guardian which replied him with a snort.

Nightmare grinned, her fingers finding another flower to use in the crown, "Awww but I know you love me?", Her eyes looked up at Dream, satisfied with Dream's light blush on his cheeks.

"And that I do.", Dream admitted sheepishly.

Nightmare scoots closer  as she handed Dream the flower and gently guided his fingers to where they needed to be to weave the flower into the crown.

Then her smile fell. Dream noticed.

"It's just...It's been so long since we've had time just for us.", Nightmare told him. "You're always needed somewhere and I was left alone. People never stop asking you for things they or others need. I also want to help but they always shunned me out. Well except for the elders who were kind towards me, but it's just..."