Lost

Chapter 17

"Cole!" They all yell out as they watch Cole fall into the darkness.

"N-No..." Nya murmured, lowering her head in sorrow.

Lloyd turned around to see that Zane, The Overlord had disappeared.

"The Overlord took Zane!" Lloyd mentioned. The others quickly standing up and looking around.

"What about the missing parts...?" Kai questioned.

Jay looked around and noticed the small pile of wires, screws and the rest of the missing parts. "They are still here." He told them.

"Wait, he didn't take them?" Nya asked.

Lloyd sighed and scooped them up, holding them in his arms. He paused for a moment, but then turned to the others. "We should get back to Master Wu..."

The others hesitated looking at each other, but all slowly nodded in agreement, knowing that they had to update him on what had gone wrong.

The left over ninja climbed their ropes and got back onto the bounty. Lloyd went over and set a course for back at the monastery.

"Are we just going to leave Cole and Zane behind...?" Kai asked.

"There isn't any other choice... Cole is long gone and who knows where The Overlord took Zane." Lloyd replied, he then sighed. "This is so... wrong."

Kai put a hand on Lloyd's shoulder, hoping to comfort him. "We will get them back, I promise..."

Lloyd paused, but slowly nodded, looking down.

The Destiny's Bounty soon arrived back at the monastery. The Ninja got off and slowly walked inside, closing the doors.

Master Wu quickly traveled out to the ninja. "You have returned! Did you find anything?" He asked them.

None of them responded. None of them even wanted to look up or at each other. They all just stood there in long, dark and awkward silence, waiting for someone to say something.

That's when Wu noticed. "...Where are Zane and Cole?" He questioned.

"They..." Nya started, but looked away, not being able to say anything.

"They didn't make it." Lloyd said.

Wu's eyes widened in shock, sorrow filling his heart. He stood there, not knowing what to say or even do.

"We did find out that The Overlord is planning on rebuilding Zane from the missing parts of Zane's old body." Kai told him.

"The Overlord didn't take them though, but he has Zane." Jay added.

"Wait, The Overlord HAS Zane?!" Wu questioned.

"Yes, but we don't know where they went." Lloyd responded. "And Cole... Fell down into a pit."

"Perhaps I could help with finding Zane." Pixal announced as she walked up behind Wu.

"Pixal, you're okay!" Nya said happily, putting her hands together.

"Of course. I had to reset my database and install a few updates, but I am now okay. Thank you." Pixal smiled to her. "I can use Zane's tracker and locate him as long as there is no interference."

Lloyd inhaled through his teeth. "Eh, that's a problem... The Overlord is sort of..."

"Basically possessing Zane," Jay added on.

Kai smacked the back of Jay's head. "Not possessing! Just under his control."

"Then why is The Overlord speaking through Zane you dummy." Jay crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow.

"And why can I now locate Zane and see he's in Borg Tower alone? With no Overlord?" Pixal questioned to them. They all paused and looked at each other.

"Wait," Nya looked back at Pixal. "Zane said he could track The Overlord since The Overlord had been apart of him. Can you do the same?" She asked her.

"Yes. I have indeed discovered that. Currently, The Overlord is on The Ayotha Amirtha Gangai Island." She told them.

"What? Why would he be there?" Kai questioned.

"Doesn't matter right now. He's far away, which gives us the chance to go after Zane." Lloyd told them. "Pixal, it's best you stay here and update us with digital communications." He told her, Pixal nodding. "And Master Wu, protect the monastery. Make sure The Overlord doesn't pull some sort of trick and make his way here." Lloyd turned to the rest of the ninja. "Now let's go get our friend back."

He had awoken from the very dim light that shined slightly above him. Everything he could see was either pitch black, or blurry. There seemed to be no sense of hope. That's when he could feel his own heartbeat, beating loudly in his ears. He gasped and quickly sat up, becoming fully aware at this point.

"What happened? Where am I?" He rubbed his head and then lowered his hands back on the ground, but it wasn't just the ground. Some sort of liquid that covered it.

He looked down, the dim light above him shining on what he was touching. Clear liquid covering the dirty concrete. Just water. He sighed, feeling the water soak into his black gloves and sleeves. He pulled his hands away and shook them off.

He then paused for a moment, looking at his hands, he blinked a few times, but then let out another sudden gasp.

"Zane..!" Cole called out, quickly standing up. He stumbled at first, but caught himself as he held his arms out. He lowered them to his sides and looked around. All he could see around him was darkness.

Cole looked above him to see where he had fallen. That's where the dimmed light came from. It was shining from the room he had fallen from. Where The Overlord in Zane's body had shoved him out the window. Cole paused for a moment thinking. He sighed as he looked down.

"Zane..." He mumbled, holding his own hands together. He looked back up and paused. "How did I survive that fall...?" He questioned himself. He looked around, still not able to see anything. He felt around in his pockets and paused when he felt something. He reached in one of his pockets and pulled out a flashlight.

"Huh, didn't know I had this..." He said aloud. "How convenient." He flipped it on and shined it behind him to see a giant pond of water. He raised his eyebrows as he saw the small hill in the water. "I must've fell in the water which caught my fall and it pushed me up to the concrete..." He examined the water, seeing how dirty it was. "I should probably take a shower when I get home..."

He shined his flashlight around his surroundings to see 6 tunnels that led into the darkness. Cole's eyes widened as he looked around at each one of them, not knowing which one to take.

"Where do I go...?" He asked himself, walking over to each tunnel and attempting to look as far as he could into it.

That's when he heard a sudden scream that echoed throughout the tunnel he was standing infront of. His eyes widened in terror, as he dropped his flashlight, immediately recognizing that scream.

"Zane!!!"

End of Chapter 17