The Fall

Chapter 16

"No!" Lloyd yelled. "No, no not again!"

"Keep away!" Zane snapped at them, forming some sort of corrupted ice in his hands.

"What's wrong with you, Zane?!" Kai questioned as he helped Cole up."

"He's under control of - " Nya started, but then got frozen by the cold power of Zane, interrupting her words.

"No, Nya!" Jay cried out, banging on the ice.

Cole nearly teared up, but held them back as he clenched his fists. "Zane, stop this... Please."

Lloyd held out his arms infront of the others. "That's not Zane..."

Zane darted his eyebrows, giving an angry look as the purple in his eyes took over the sincere blue color. He charged at Lloyd, kicking him to the side and making him hit the wall.

"Lloyd!" Kai shouted and quickly ran over to him.

Zane looked over at Jay, forming more ice in his hands. He pointed his hand toward Jay, his body tensing up as he began to release his power, until he got tackled down by Cole.

"Zane! Snap out of it!" Cole told him as he pinned him down, Zane struggling to get up.

"Get off of me!" He growled, making Cole frightened. He knew The Overlord was under Zane's control, but he did not like the anger that echoed in Zane's voice.

"How did The Overlord even get control of him?" Kai questioned.

"The Overlord must've overwritten Zane's system..." Lloyd responded.

"But he-" Cole started until he got launched off, Zane kicking him off and quickly standing up. He spun around and froze Jay, right next to Nya since he had still been struggling to break her free.

"Kai, you need to melt the ice!" Lloyd told him.

Zane quickly glanced over, forming more ice in his hand. He ran over to Kai and knocked him over. He grabbed his leg and threw him at the door, face first and making him fall on the floor, also face first.

"Stop, you're hurting them!" Lloyd shouted at him.

"That's the point." He glared. "You have always been the one to mess everything up. If it weren't for you, I would have already taken over this pity world of yours." The Overlord in Zane's mind hissed to Lloyd.

He ran over and tried to attack Lloyd, only for Lloyd to jump out of the way, jumping ontop of the ice that Nya was frozen in. The Overlord in Zane's body smacked face first into the wall, falling over with a loud clank.

"We need to take some of those parts so he doesn't complete Zane's copy!" Lloyd told Cole and Kai.

Kai nodded as he got up. He looked toward Zane who was slowly getting up. He looked toward Kai and glared at him, about to charge at him until he was shoved against the wall by Cole, pinning him once again with his Lava arms to hold him back.

"Go, Kai!" Cole shouted.

Kai ran over and whipped out his sword. He cut off the wires that the parts were connected to. Lloyd went over and used his sword to separate the parts, grabbing them.

"No! You're destroying it!" The Overlord shouted, trying to get out of Cole's grip.

"Zane, you have to snap out of it! Wake up! Fight him back!" Cole kept saying to Zane, but he was only talking to The Overlord.

"Kai, melt the others!" Lloyd told him.

"Got it." Kai went over and put his hands on the ice that Nya and Jay were stuck in, putting his fire power into it and melting the ice.

The Overlord kicked Cole off, grabbing him and throwing him at the wall. Cole thumped against the wall and fell over, smacking his head against the desk that was there, nearly passing out, but he managed to stay strong. He shook his head and slowly looked over at where The Overlord was.

"Don't make me do this..." Lloyd mumbled, pulling out his sword again as The Overlord stepped closer and closer. The Overlord ran over to Lloyd, which was a mistake for the both of them. Lloyd quickly jumped above The Overlord, swinging his sword at him. The blade of the sword, cut right into Zane's shoulder and his wires, slicing his arm off.

Lloyd gasped and quickly turned around as he landed, stepping back rather quickly as he shook a bit, Cole standing behind him in shock.

"Zane? I-I didn't mean to I-" Lloyd started, but suddenly got punched in the face with Zane's other arm, flying him.back against the wall. The Overlord shouted as he ran over to Lloyd grabbing him and throwing him at Cole, knocking the both of them over.

"Come on, Come on..." Kai murmured to himself. The ice soon melted, freeing Nya and Jay. Nya shivered while Jay crossed his arms as he shook.

"Now I know how that feels..." Jay grumbled as he shivered.

"Lloyd! Cole!" Nya shouted, going over to them. "Did he-"

"Nya!" Kai shouted, diving towards his sister and tackling her down. They both look up, seeing Zane's shuriken go right above their heads.

"Okay, well he found out how to use Zane's shuriken's..." Kai mentioned.

"Let my friend go!" Jay yelled, running over to The Overlord. He whipped out his nunchucks and smacked him in the head, knocking him over with another loud clank.

"Jay, use your lightning against him! Maybe you can get The Overlord out of Zane if you mess him up a bit!" Lloyd said to him. Jay thought for a moment, but quickly nodded.

The Overlord got up, but as soon as he did, Jay snapped lightning at him, making The Overlord fall down again, face first. That's when he stopped moving.

"Did we get him...?" Lloyd questioned, helping Cole up.

"Zane?..." Cole said softly as he slowly started to walk over to Zane until he got grabbed and pulled back by Lloyd. They all hid behind Jay, which, Jay didn't really notice.

"Should we-" Nya started, but they all froze in place when Zane started to slowly get up.

Zane slowly stood up, sighing.

"Zane!" Cole said happily, but that immediately faded when Zane snapped his head towards them, looking at them with those evil purple eyes. The Overlord was still in control.

He yelled and charged at Jay. All of them noticed and quickly jumped out of the way. All of them, but Cole who was still standing there in shock. The Overlord ran into Cole, holding his hands out and punching him back to the window that was there which was looking out into a giant hole that led to some sort of power source all over Ninjago City, at least one hundred feet deep.

Cole squeezed his eyes shut from the impact, flying back against the window, shattering it to where glass shards flew everywhere. Cole slowly opened his eyes as he fell out the window. The others quickly ran over, calling out his name as they reached out for them.

But they could do nothing, besides watch Cole, slowly fall into the hole of darkness, watching him fade away into nothingness.

End of Chapter 16