Comfort

Chapter 2

They all paused, hesitate to even move. The figure was just standing there, not doing anything. It seemed like a statue.

Lloyd perked up and slowly started to walk to it, until the figure started to bolt towards them. They all screamed and quickly ran off, attempting to get away from the monster, but it just ran faster and faster, catching up to them.

"Pixal! Set a course for the bounty so we can pick them up and get them out of there!" Zane told her, Pixal nodding as she ran over and forcefully turning the wheel.

"IT'S GAINING ON US!" Jay screamed, attempting to keep up with the others.

"UHHH, GUYS. IT'S- IT'S-" Cole stuttered, making Lloyd look bac. His eyes widened as he gasped.

"COLE!" Lloyd shouted, running over to him.

Cole ran faster and faster, but the monster kept coming closer and closer. That's when the monster reached out and grabbed Cole's shoulder, making him scream in pain.

"Cole! No!" Zane began to panic, not knowing what to do. All they could do was hop they make it there in time. He could feel his heart rate increase more and more as he panicked, hoping Cole was okay.

"Don't touch him!" Lloyd yelled as he sliced the monster's arm off with his sword, grabbing Cole and running with him.

"Cole, are you okay?! What happened?!" Zane nearly slammed his hands down on the keypad, placing his hands down as he felt his body tense up.

"Ugh, my arm... burns so bad... Worse than Kai's fire hitting my face..." Cole groaned, holding his shoulder.

"Arriving to their destination now." Pixal stated, dropping the ropes down.

Kai ran over and blast open the manhole cover, quickly crawling out and helping the others out. They all got out and jumped on the ropes, Lloyd still holding Cole while Pixal realed them in.

They all got on the ship, surrounding Cole as they checked over them, which made Cole overwhelmed and uncomfortable, just thinking about the burning pain in his shoulder more and more. Zane noticed this and ran over to them, putting his hand on Jay and Kai, forming ice on their chest then blasting them back for them to move out of the way, making Lloyd and Nya jump, quickly stepping back in shock.

"Stop crowding him, you are making him quite overwhelmed. I will help him  because my powers are capable for this type of situation." Zane told them off, putting his arm around Cole as he walked off with him.

"Is something wrong with Zane, Pixal?" Nya asked softly as she stood up properly, helping his brother and boyfriend up.

"No, nothing is wrong with him. We are all just frustrated in not detecting the villain." Pixal replied, walking back up the steps. "Maybe with the sample that Lloyd had gotten, we can run a few tests and discover what it's made out of." Pixal explained, all of them nodding in agreement.

"Ow, it hurts..." Cole groaned, turning away.

"I know, but let me see it." Zane told him, slowly reaching out to him.

Something about Zane slowly reaching his hand out to Cole, made Cole feel warm and comforted inside. He slowly removed his hand from his shoulder and turned to Zane, trying to ignore the pain. Zane gently touched Cole's clothed shoulder, forming ice on it to numb it.