Confessions

Chapter 7

"Let Pixal go!" Lloyd yelled, charging at Pixal/The Overlord.

The Overlord in Pixal's body, smiled as they (The Overlord) shoved Lloyd out the way, making him hit the wall.

"You grown, I see..." The Overlord hissed. "Perhaps, grown for more power. I find you very useful."

"Stay away from him!" Kai snapped as he slashed at The Overlord with his sword, knocking them over as they hit the wall.

The Overlord stood up, clearly ticked off. They ran over to Kai and tried to attack him, but he dodged the attack and jumped up, kicking The Overlord in the face with both feet, knocking the down, but harder this time, The Overlord knocking their head against the wall, which made them dizzy.

This gave Nya the opportunity to run after The Overlord and slash them with her trident, hitting them against the wall a bit too hard, as Pixal's body made a loud clank and fell over. Nya gasped as she dropped her trident, covering her mouth with both hands.

That's when Pixal's eyes stopped glowing red, not even her usual lime green, but they went to plain black as she shut down.

"No! Pixal!" Nya cried out as she ran over to her, grabbing her and picking her up. "I-I didn't mean to..."

"Nya... It's okay, it wasn't her, it was The Overlord!" Jay told her as she went up to her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Nya gently pushed him off by jerking her shoulder. She turned away and sighed sadly.

"Weak, isn't she?" A raspy whisper echoed in the halls.

The ninja gasped as they looked over from the evil whispering, their eyes widening in shock to see that same purple figure as before.

The Overlord.

Cole sighed as he thought about this before saying anything, Zane being patient and knowing that Cole needed some time to think. Though, he was worried for Cole. He knew something was wrong, but didn't know what.

'Should I tell him now or... back at the monastery?... Or when all of this is over? Or... When we get back from the monastery?" Cole kept overthinking of when was the right time, but as he thought further and further, deep down he knew that time was just an illusion and it goes on as you continue making choices that are worth that time. He dropped his arms to his sides and sighed heavily.

'I will tell him now... I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to besides now.' Cole stated to his mind, gulping of nervousness. He looked at Zane and went over to him slowly.

"

Zane..." Cole said softly as he walked next to him.

"What is it, Cole?" Zane asked as he turned his head to look at him, still steering the ship. He couldn't take his eyes off of Cole, seeing his black hair and his chocolate brown eyes and skin. He loved every feature of Cole. He loved him.

"C-Can I tell you something?" Cole stuttered a bit, looking away as his face turned red.

Zane smiled softly. "You've always been my best friend and I have known you the longest amount of time. You can ask me anything." Zane told him.

'Well... No turning back now...' Cole thought to himself and sighed. He paused, trying to build up the bravery to look at Zane. He didn't want to keep him waiting, so he clenched his fists and looked up at him, not expecting to meet up with his beautiful eyes.

Cole cleared his throat and sighed. "I've known you for a long time, but there's something else I've known for a long time, but I-I have never had... the courage to talk to y-you about it, because... I-I don't know what you're going to think of me... Or... If you'll understand..." Cole started, Zane frowning a bit from not knowing and possibly not understanding, but let Cole continue.

"Zane, you're really special... And I mean that in a good way!" Cole told him, making Zane blush a blue highlight as he raised his eyebrows, making Cole also blush. He rubbed the back of his head and continued. "What I like about you is... How you're always calm and, t-the way you use your powers, a-and, how different you are, compared to me and how capable you are of doing anything! A-And... your eyes... Everything about you! And... In conclusion, what all of this means is..." Cole bit his lip as he looked down, crossing his arms. Zane tilted his head in confusion, his grip loosening on the wheel.

"I-I like you, Zane!" Cole managed to blurt out. "A-And I don't mean just as my best friend, b-but... like... l-like..." Cole began to panic as he had a lost for words, but suddenly gasp when he felt Zane grab his hands.

"Like a lover?" Zane asked softly as he held Cole's hands, Cole quickly looking up at him.

"Y-Yeah..." Cole responded, looking into Zane's eyes.

Zane's eyes widened a but. He blinked a few times and looked away, smiling as he blushed once more, making Cole perk up a bit.

"I like you too, Cole... I've always." Zane told him as he looked at him again. "Anytime I was confused or upset, I admired the fact that you have always been there for me as I have for you. You're special in your own way, Cole and I love for who you are. I was just, frightened from the thought of you declining my feelings..." Zane finished as he looked away, still holding Cole's hands.

Cole's eyes widened as his jaw dropped slightly from the words that Zane has spoken. Cole was in absolute shock, not expecting that response. He quickly shook his head, snapping out of his thoughts and immediately hugged Zane, making Zane gasp in surprise.

Zane smiled softly and wrapped his arms around Cole, hugging him back.

"So does that make us official?" Cole asked him as he pulled away from the hug.

"Of course, Cole." Zane smiled happily. "How could I say no?"

Cole blushed and smiled back, hugging Zane again, but more tight this time, Zane hugging back, of course.

End of Chapter 7