Solved Mysteries

Chapter 5

"Can't you fix him, Nya?" Cole asked as he wiped his tears away.

"Well, last time it didn't really go so well... But I could try." Nya stated, referring back when she attempted to fix Zane, but his words got switched up and he lost Pixal from his head.

Nya grabbed Zane, picking him up and standing up.

Lloyd sighed and let go of Kai, from holding on him. He went over to Cole, helping him up. "He'll be okay, don't worry."

"Yeah, but what we need to focus on is finding Pixal." Nya told them as she laid Zane down. "We could use her tracker to find her. I'll stay down here with Zane and you all go upstairs and try to search for Pixal."

They all nodded and walked away, except for Cole who stood by Zane's side, not daring to go anywhere which Nya obviously noticed.

"Cole, I know Zane is in bad shape and what happened was kind of unexpected, but you seem upset about it way more than usual... Is something else bothering you?" Nya asked as she went over to him.

"No, nothing else is wrong, I just..." Cole stated and looked away. "Zane's my best friend and I'm just worried for him. That's all."

Nya thought for a moment, but sighed and walked away from Cole, getting back to work on Zane. "The Overlord must be after Zane and Pix. He could have taken Pixal away." She explained as she looked over at the screens.

"But... why?" Cole mumbled as he crossed his arms.

Nya sighed. "I don't know, Cole... But we'll find out."

A bit of time later, Lloyd had returned to Nya, Cole and Zane, entering the room then closing the door behind him with a worried look on his face.

Nya turned to him and frowned. "Nothing?"

He sighed. "Nothing. We can't find her anywhere." He looked at Zane. "How is he doing?"

"He's doing okay, but he hit his head pretty hard and must've hit some kind of stabilization cord, but like last time with the fight against Mr. E, he'll have to do most of the work himself." Nya explained, smiling a bit.

Lloyd nodded and looked at Cole who had his arms crossed as he looked down. Lloyd went over to him and pat him gently.

"He's going to be okay." Lloyd assured. "Zane is strong and he'll come back to us. He'll come back to you..."

Cole paused for a moment, his cheeks turning a bit pink, that's when a realization suddenly hit Nya.

"Cole, do you... Like Zane?" Nya asked him, hoping it wasn't offensive in some way.

Cole quickly looked at her. "What? What are you talking about?"

"I meant as in, are you in love with Zane? You know, the me and Jay way." Nya referred.

Cole paused, but looked away, sighing. "So it IS that obvious..." He mumbled as he blushed more.

"Woah! You actually like Za-?!" Nya started, but Lloyd covered her mouth.

"As a loyal friend, Nya. I keep my mouth shut." Lloyd joked a bit, making Nya roll her eyes playfully as Lloyd let go of her.

"I'm glad to hear that, Cole." Nya said to him as she smiled.

Cole looked at her, his eyes brightening up. "Really?"

"Yeah, of course. I mean, most of us have been bouncing around and finding someone to love or... at least... trying to." Nya started, trying not to glance at Lloyd, but he took the hint. "You haven't really had a chance to look for someone, you know what I mean? Not many people around here are very open to being gay." Nya continued.

"Yeah, but how do I know if Zane is or isn't?" Cole sighed.

"Have you seriously not figured that out?" Lloyd chuckled as he spoke. "Cole it's-"

They all flinched and turned over from the sudden movement out of the corner of their eye, looking at it to see what was going on.

Zane had sat up quickly and awoken, panting heavily.

"Zane!" Cole quickly got up and went over, hugging him tightly without even thinking, making Lloyd smile like a dork and Nya almost squeal.

"Cole..?" Zane took a moment to get familiar with his surroundings, recognizing Lloyd and Nya around them. He flinched a bit when he felt a squeezed around him, looking down at Cole. He couldn't help, but smile and hug back, making Nya and Lloyd just stand there in surprise.

"You're okay!" Cole let go of him, looking into Zane's peaceful, icy blue eyes as he hopped down, standing up infront of Cole, but then he suddenly paused as if he had shut down again.

"Zane! Nya what did you do to him?!" Cole asked as he shook Zane gently.

"I didn't do-" Nya started, but got interrupted.

"60, 92, 173." Zane started naming off numbers, making the others gasp.

"No, not again!" Cole gripped Zane's arms tightly, making Zane flinch and look down at him.

"What are you talking about? And..." Zane started looking around at the mess he made when fighting the others and the melted ice on the floor. "What happened here?"

"Wait, first of all, what was that about?" Lloyd asked, referring to the numbers.

"Oh, I have located and tracked Pixal's coordinates." Zane replied.

"Where is she?!"

"The Borg Tower."

Cole's eyes widened. "The... Borg Tower..? Pixal is at The Borg Tower?!"

"Last time, The Overlord had taken over Pixal's system..." Lloyd said.

Zane paused, looking down as he let go of Cole. "And... From hacking into mine and Pixal's system... The Overlord knows where we are."

They all gasped and looked at each other.

"We need to get away from the monastery... Thats where we are right now. I'll set a course for the Borg Tower." Lloyd said and ran off.

"Will you be alright Zane?" Cole asked him, worried for his best friend. Zane smiled and put a hand on Cole's head.

"As long as you're okay, them I will be just fine." He told him, making Cole blush and look away.

"Come on guys, let's go get Pixal." Nya told the other two.

End Of Chapter 5