Missing Parts

Chapter 10

"Here we are at-" Lloyd started, but trailed off, forgetting the name. "Uh, what's the name, Zane?" Lloyd looked at him.

Zane smiled as he looked at the delicate view, seeing the sun shine among the bright blue water that flowed across the land around the giant sparkling rocks. The water was surrounded by beautiful green grass that had grown far-reaching trees with beautiful red and green leaves.

"Ayotha Amirtha Gangai." Zane announced to the other ninja. "It's a mythical river that was once protected by guardians."

"Well, if it was protected, no longer is and The Overlord is possibly here, then shouldn't we get going?" Jay questioned as he nervously fiddled with his hands.

"He's right," Kai spoke. "Let's explore this island and find these, 'missing parts.'"

"What type of parts do you guys think?" Nya asked as she lowered the ropes down from the bounty and to the ground.

"I'm not sure," Lloyd replied. "Maybe to create some sort of invention? Some powerful tool..."

"Like a giant laser pointer that'll summon a giant fluffy beast?" Jay guessed, Kai and Nya rolling their eyes at Jay's dumb guess. (Which is totally not a reference to the movie.)

"Whatever it is, we should act fast." Cole said, the other ninja nodding in agreement. They all grabbed their ropes and slid down to the ground, taking a look around.

"Perhaps if we split up, it'll be easier and we'll have a higher chance on finding the missing parts." Zane suggested.

"He's right," Lloyd said and looked at all of them. "Cole and Zane, you two go toward the mountain, Kai and Jay go toward the woods, and Nya, you'll come with me to the rivers." Lloyd assigned the groups, pointing to the specific directions.

"Ugh, why do I have to be with Jay?" Kai complained, crossing his arms.

"Okay, you could've kept that in your mind, air head." Jay grumbled.

"I assigned the groups for what is best." Lloyd told them. "Now, let's all split up and call each other if we find something."

The others nodded in approval, going in pairs in the locations they had be assigned.

"Why did you suggest to go in groups?" Cole asked Zane who was holding his hand as he held it back, their fingers held together. "Not like I didn't want this, but, I'm just wondering."

"Because I want to be with you, of course." Zane smiled as he held Cole's hand tighter. "I want to stay by your side, because I love you."

Cole blushed and couldn't help, but smile, looking away a bit. "I-I love you too..."

They both looked up to see the mostly rugged, perfectly textured, high and very cold mountain. Cole's eyes sparkle as he gazed upon it. Zane smiled from Cole's reaction, chuckling a bit.

"I can see why you like the mountain so much." He said, Cole nodding as he hummed a bit.

"This is my whole element infront of me!" He announced.

Zane couldn't help, but laugh, making Cole blush red and quickly look at him.

"What's so funny, hmmm?" Cole grumbled a bit.