Chapter 9 - Beetlejuice

You were starting to more than just like him. It was early that morning, you were pacing your room. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Your mind was starting to reverberate your thoughts.

How could you like him in the first place? He wouldn't exactly be anyone's first pick for a guy. He wasn't charming in the usual sense, he was crude and annoying and a trickster. He was the type of guy who would masturbate in every room of your house just to annoy you, he probably had.

 He wasn't even that attractive, his hair was a literal rat's nest, a scruffy tired face, his gross sharp yellow grin, icey pale skin that was covered head to toe in freckles of dirt and mold. He was gross and disgusting. He isn't even human! 

Yet somehow, beneath all that filth, you couldn't help but flush at the sight of that demon's stupid face. His stupid, stupid, surprisingly cute face.  

He was a snarky bitch but he was also sweet and dopey. He was charming in his own way. A way that made you snicker and blush and get weird feelings that would tickle and tease in your stomach. A crush.

This is so high school. you fell backward onto your bed, annoyed with yourself.

Once you decided to stop moping around, you eventually left your room to pursue the day. You agreed the best way to start it was to get away from all this ghost business and take a simple easy walk around the town of Winter River.

You were about to grab your jacket off the tall coat hanger and leave out the front door but a gravelly voice stops you.

"Where you off to this fine morning, dollface?" Beetlejuice had appeared behind you with a sharp smirk on his prickly face.

"Uh nothing, just going for a walk," You reply as you slip your arms through the sleeves of your jacket whilst looking at him.

"Oh cool, I'll come with. been needing to get some exercise anyway," He says as he snaps his fingers making a large brown coat appear over his striped suit as he adjusted the dumb-looking flap hat that he had begun to wear more often.

"Oh no no it's fine, I was-" Your sentence was cut off have way as Beetlejuice was already out the door waiting for you. You sighed and followed him.

You were both walking down the path near the outskirts of town, Beetlejuice was hard to keep up with since he always took large heavy steps with his big feet. it was chilly outside and the pathway was still wet from the rain last night. the cloudy sky tells you that it'll probably rain again tonight.

"Alright, shoot," Beej breaks the short silence.

"Huh?"

"Y'know, questions," He explains, "I just assumed you probably had some queries or somethin' about yesterday."

"Oh, uh yeah," You took a minute to hesitate and think of what you were going to ask next. "How does your weird curse thing work?"

"Great question," Beetlejuice smiles, "Basically I was unable to interact with the human world and I was invisible to most breathers like every other average ghost. the only way to break the curse was by sayin' my name 3 times, and that's what Lyds did."

"When she back-stabbed me, literally, I became recently deceased and basically cursed again without my powers and invisible to any person who couldn't see ghosts," He continues, "Luckily I managed to convince Lyds to give me my powers back as long as I don't murder anyone or do evil shit."

"Right..." You say. You were both walking along a downhill path now. "What happens if I say your name 3 times now?"

"Basically if you say it, I'll just teleport to wherever you are," He explains, "But since Lydia was the human to break my curse if she says it, I'll be sent to the Netherworld. that's why we have this dumb deal."