Chapter 5 - Awkward situation

It had been about a week from when you met BJ at the bar and you had been enjoying your time at the Deetz household. You enjoy Lydia's company and BJ often came over to laze around the house. He must have some sort of spare key or something cause on more than one occasion you found him walking around the house without you knowing he even came over which tended to be very annoying. 

He frequently wore this striped filthy worn-out suit around the house, it was strange but you didn't really feel bothered about it and it suited him well. If he wasn't wearing the suit, chances were he was just wearing a shirt and underwear, or sometimes just his underwear.

You did like it when BJ came over though, you would have long conversations about random stuff whilst you were doing chores and he was lying on the couch. He makes plenty of sexual jokes and crude humor during a conversation which you had grown to get used to it and kinda grew fond of it. He often stayed over and you would all watch a movie really late before he would leave and reappear in the morning.

The only problem BJ really caused was when you would accidentally sometimes bump into him in the morning with him just in his boxers. Your face would blush furiously as you avoid eye contact and you would yell at him to get some clothes on as he just chuckles at your flustered state.

You, BJ, and Lydia decided to watch a gory horror movie tonight since it's Lydia's pick for what movie to watch. You all sit down on the couch and start to watch the film with a bowl of butter popcorn in your lap.

You were all enjoying the film, Lydia didn't really seem to be affected by any of the jumpscares or bloody gore. BJ would sometimes laugh at the movie's attempts to make the audience scream or jump out of their seat. You on the other hand were easily scared by many things and you would sometimes flinch or gasp at the bloody screen whilst Lydia and BJ would snicker at you.

The movie wasn't super scary and kind of amusing with the shitty graphics and low-budget gore. For the most part, everything was going fine, until...

"AHh!" You shriek loudly. The film played a shocking jump scare scene full of bloody organs and frightening visuals that make you jolt out of your seat. The filmmakers must've blown their whole budget on this one scene since it truly sends shivers down your arms. 

You take deep breaths to calm yourself down, Oh my god! You manage to relax quickly and let out a sigh. You open your eyes and lift your head only slightly to realize you had wrapped your arms around BJ who was sitting right next to you on the couch. You feel strangely no heart pounding in his cold hollow chest, which sends a shiver down your spine. your face goes slightly red out of embarrassment as you clear your throat.

BJ flinches completely still at your touch and stays stiff as a board.

"S-Sorry," You laugh as you awkwardly let go of him.

BJ shook his head back into reality and gives you a simple smirk. "No probs, No probs," He says. 

"No need to throw yourself onto me so desperately babes," He adds quickly with a snicker.

You roll your eyes with a simple smile before your eyes dart up to his hair and you give him a look of confusion. "Did you dye your hair?" You point to his now rosy pink locks.

"Huh?" 

"Your hair is...pink."

He pulls his long scruffy nest of hair in front of his eyes. His eyes shoot open wide as he mumbles.

"Uh um shit, I uh gotta go! I'll see you later Y/N, Uh bye Lyds!" He stutters as he disappears in a flash. what?

You turn around to look at Lydia who mirrors your confused look. You decide to head to your bedroom since you didn't really feel like finishing the movie with Lydia. You tell her goodnight and walk to the guest room with a weird feeling in your stomach.

You struggled to get any sleep. You found yourself rolling around in bed with this strange feeling. Eventually, you give up on sleeping and get out of bed before you find yourself on the roof-top terrace.

You had only been up on the roof once, Lydia showed it to you. You liked how relaxing you found it to just sit up there with your thoughts. It was nice.

This time, you weren't really expecting company, which is why you were surprised when you reached the top of the roof.

"Hi?" BJ is found sitting on the tiles roof of the house looking at you.

"Hi," You reply. you felt a bit awkward and weren't sure what to do. BJ stares at you in silence for a short while before looking up at the starry sky. You slowly walk over to him and sit near him on the roof of the house to join him in the silence. 

You could tell he was also finding the silence to be awkward and tricky to start a conversation of any sort. You didn't even know why he was up here in the first place.