Chapter 13 - Utterly Smitten

You, Lydia, and the Maitlands had spent the whole day lazily watching films whilst the rain poured outside. It was now getting pretty late in the afternoon and you decided to head off to bed. You bid the others a goodnight before head out of the living room.

as you tiredly stumbled through the hallway to your bed, you began to think about Beej again. a thought that once made your stomach full of happy butterflies, now made you nervous and anxious. You kept getting stupid thoughts of why he hadn't shown up and if you should've called him.

And just at that moment, you were pulled out of the hallway in a flash into one of the rooms with the door closed behind you. the room around you spun slightly on a slant as you shook your dizzy head before realizing you were in some sort of study with the unforgettable Beetlejuice standing in front of you.

"Hey," He says with a smirk in his deep rough voice.

"Hi," You reply in your much higher pitch voice that made you sound like a mouse compared to his gruff way of speaking.

there was a slightly awkward quiet between you now, you both just stared at each other. you could see the tips of his hair going mustard yellow again. Your eye contact slid away from his to look at the Persian carpet that was found under the wooden desk of the study room.

"We need to talk," You both say in unison.

You shuffle back from him a bit as you both look at each other. You were thinking about what you were going to say and you could tell he was as well but he managed to beat you by speaking first.

"Look I... I really really think I like you.... like quite a bit and I just wanted to know your thoughts on this..." He gestures to you and then himself.

you look at him for a bit before letting out a small smile. "I like you quite a bit too," You say in a quiet voice before going serious, "But... what is 'this'?"

Beej looked at the floor for quite a while, he looked confused and stubborn. "I don't know, but I like it. I mean if I got caught by Lydia or the Maitlands or Chuck or Delia or probably anyone, I'm in a lot of trouble. especially since I'm centuries old and your only 22," He chuckles quietly which makes you smile again.

"Well, I guess we're just going to have to keep this our own little secret," you smirk as you lean your face closer to his.

His scruffy hair lights up pink which made you grin. you were beginning to understand the way his weird hair worked. 

he leaned down and puckered his lips in an attempt to kiss you. You were about to return it until-

CREEEEAK!

You swiftly spin around to the sound of the squeaky study door opening. you could feel the adrenaline make your back shiver as you find Lydia at the door.

"Uh what are you guys doing in here?" she questions as her pale face pokes through the door.

"Nothing!" You shout quickly.

"Making out," Beetlejuice smirked. You turn your head around to glare at him with wide eyes full of scared confusion. Your heart was pounding faster now. He sort of shrugged and winked at you with a Cheshire cat grin.

"Haha very funny," Lydia says sarcastically with a tiredly bored-looking expression. she didn't believe a word of it. Thank goodness. "You guys really shouldn't be in here, my dad would kill you if he found you in his study."

"Old Chuck doesn't scare me Lyds," Beej chuckled. Lyds smiled at him softly before you both left the study room.

All 3 of you stood in the hall awkwardly before BJ said, "Welp I better head off, goodnight ladies."

He turned around to wink at you once more before floating through the floorboards and disappeared.

You were about to head to bed before Lydia stopped you. "You weren't actually making out, were you?" She asks suspiciously. 

You instantly shook your head, "Ew, no! Definitely not!"

Lydia's face relaxed and smiled at you, "Good. See you later, Y/N."

You smile before rushing to your bedroom and letting a sigh of relief. That was close. You close the door behind you and yawn.

You were about to drop onto your soft bed before you were spun around by a pair of cold moldy hands.

"Boo," Beej whispers as his face grins at least an inch away from yours.

Your face reddens abruptly. You were annoyed by how easily he could get you flustered.

"Red's a good color on you babes," He bits his lip with his sharp jagged teeth to avoid chuckling to loud.

"What was that out there? 'Making out'? Do you want Lydia to catch us?" You mention in an annoyed whisper.

"Pfft, she would've never believed I could even get a kiss on the cheek from you," He says as he holds your waist, "Calm down."

"well I guess Lydia needs to broaden her horizons," You say softly as you move your hands to behind BJ's neck to pull him down to your face for another bitter cold kiss. You felt him smile as your lips met his, which made you smile in turn. 

You had become utterly and completely smitten at that very moment. Both your cheek and his knotty hair had become a calming soft rosy pink, like a coral sunset.

You had begun to fall for him more than you had expected. Little did you know how much weirder this relationship was going to get.