Chapter 15 - Stars

You and Beej were walking down the hill around the back of the house. It was cold and chilly but it didn't seem like it was going to rain. You had put on a large coat just in case and told Lydia you were going out. She didn't seem to mind.

Beetlejuice didn't tell you anything about what this date would entail. Guess he wanted to keep everything a surprise. His hair was glowing mischievously green in the dark night. He was also wearing a large brown trench coat over his casual attire. 

"Could you just give me a clue at least?" You ask him.

"Not a chance sweetheart," He smirked. BJ was taller than you, which made his steps much larger than yours. Not by a whole lot but it was hard to keep up with him sometimes.

"Well, couldn't you just teleport us there? Wouldn't that be way easier?" You ask as you look up at him.

He stops and thinks for a bit with his hands in his pockets. 

"I suppose," He says. He then pulls out a striped blindfold from his pockets and hands it to you.

"Put this on," He tells you. You look up at him confused but you put it on anyways and wait for whatever was going to happen. You heard BJ snap his large fingers which sent you into the dizzy feeling of being teleported.

You sort of just stood there confused as you heard Beej rush forward to turn on what sounded like a radio. You became instantly curious, you knew you were outside by the cold wind that brushed across your face and the sound of crickets chirping.

"You can take the blindfold off now," He calls out. You carefully remove the cloth from your eyes and let your sight adjust on Beej. 

His arms were outstretched to present the location of your date. You found that you were on a tall hill, not too far from the Deetz house. Beetlejuice had placed a blanket on the top of the hill with a radio playing random pop music and a small dim lantern next to it that showed the 2 bowls of microwave mac and cheese. But the most eye-catching thing of it all was how visible all the stars were. It was like you were floating in space itself.

"Do you like it?" He questions sheepishly, his hair going yellow and purple.

You look down from the dazzling sky to his nervous expression. A huge grin grows on your face.

"I love it," You laugh.

His hair softens to its natural green along with his facial expression becoming a simple smile. 

You walk over to him on the plaid blanket that sat upon the tall grass of the hill. You sat down and grabbed a bowl of mac and cheese. You noticed how pieces of the cheese were burnt, you didn't really mind though.

"You said you liked stargazing, so I thought you might like being outdoors," He explains looking at the ground shyly.

"It's amazing," You say, it was true. You look upwards at the sparkling sky.

"You're amazing," He smirks. You couldn't help but roll your eyes.

"You're so cheesy," You say.

"You know it gets you wet," He snickered in his gruff voice. Your cheeks go hot slightly before you playfully shake your head at him in annoyance.

He just smirked before leaning in to leave a short kiss on your lips. His hair becomes a coral pink which caught your attention quickly.

"Pink's a good color on you," You whisper into his ear with a smug look.

Beej's eyes widen in fear at you. He pulls his hair down in front of his face to see that his hair had in fact become pink which made him so nervous that his hair becomes purple.

You lift your hands up to his head of hair and comb it back away from his face, your fingers tangling amongst the matted mess. 

"I think it's cute," You ask with your hands still in his hair.

Beej rolls his eyes and grabs a hold of your waist. "It's annoying having people know exactly how your feeling," He grumbles quietly, his tips turning a sour annoyed red.

You just shake your head before taking your hands out of his hair and taking another bite out of your poorly cooked meal. You gaze up at the sky again.

"Hey, you got a star sign? Mine's Jar Jar Binks. Lydia told me so," Beetlejuice confidently says.

You stare back at him before bursting into laughter as he stares at you confused from the other side of the blanket.

(Sorry I haven't been updating much. Probably gonna update a lot less since I'm not really in the mood to write this story. I might get back to it but I just decided to finish writing this chapter because it was half-written at the time.)