Chapter 6 - On the Roof

"Couldn't sleep?" BJ finally breaks the awkward silence yet still avoids eye contact and continues to look up at the sky.

"Yeah," You nod. You weren't very good at conversation.

It went quiet again for a short bit before BJ speaks again, "I'm sorry about earlier, I get a bit awkward and weird when people... touch me."

You look at him with a surprised expression, you didn't really take him as sensitive and he seemed okay every other time you had slapped his shoulder when he would tell a stupid joke or when he caught you when you fell. 

"It's fine," You chuckle and give him a simple smile. You look up at the night sky as you shiver the cold breeze off your shoulders.

"Beautiful night, ain't it?" He says, "Probably why the roof is the best place in this town."

"It is amazing," you admit. You shuffle a bit closer to BJ yet he doesn't seem to notice. You wrap your arms around your legs. "Do you come up here often?"

"Sometimes," He replies, "It's calm. Great place to just think."

It was weird to see BJ being serious and not making his usual sexual remarks. It was nice to just talk to him but you enjoyed his dumb jokes, it was why you liked his company so much. The way he would just laze around the house whilst making stupid conversation. The way he'd attempt to scare you or waltz into the house without you even knowing. The way he would confidently walk around the house in just his boxers to get you flustered and-

Wait... did you LIKE him?

Of course, you liked his company and being around him, but did you 'like-like' him?

You look at him and think for a moment. He was quite handsome, even with his chaotic scruffy heap of hair and weird smell that showed he didn't shower often. He always made you laugh, even if he did use crude humor and compliment your ass ever now and again. He was strange and weird but you liked that about him.

You snap back into reality when you realize BJ was talking to you. You go slightly red with blush.

 Crap. You liked him. 

But, did he like you back? you tried to push the thought of it aside.

He gives you an odd look, "Are you ok?"

"Oh uh yeah, I'm fine," you smile awkwardly, "what were you saying?"

"I asked, Why did you move away from Connecticut when you were younger?" He says.

"Oh, my mom and I moved away to move in with her boyfriend, Trevor, after..." you pause for a second before sighing and making up some sort of excuse for why you moved away since the real answer would certainly make you break into tears. "After she met him," You say.

BJ doesn't say anything and just looks at you with a blank yet somewhat sympathetic expression. You could tell he wasn't convinced by your answer, you weren't a great liar and he knew something was wrong but didn't call you out on it. You try to avoid eye contact.

"I hated it there," You laugh uncomfortably, "I hated my mom for making me move there. Trevor is such an assbag. I left as soon as I heard that they had gotten engaged and bought a house here."

You rest your head on your knees and sigh before looking down away from the starlit sky. You feel a cold hand on your shoulder as you look back at BJ.

"Guess that makes two of us," BJ says before adding, "My mom was an assbag as well."

He gives you a crooked smile, You could tell he didn't want to talk about it, you didn't want to either. You can't help but give him a small simple smile back as BJ empathizes with you.

You both start a new conversation about something new since you both weren't in the right mood to chat about sappy feelings and crap. You both chatted a little while longer before you decided to hit the hay. You said goodnight and were about to leave before-

"Wait a second Y/N," BJ blurts out. His eyes are wide and his hair goes slightly yellow.

"Yeah?" you ask him as you sat back down.

"I-I think there's something I need to tell you," He explains in his gruff voice. He doesn't really know what to say exactly. You watch as he thinks about what he will say next but you were already trying to figure out what he was going to say. 

Does he like you back? The thought comes back to you. Did he? Surely he enjoyed your company the same way you liked his but you were still unsure. Your head is rushing with thoughts as you watch him go through his head picking out what words to say.

"Me too..." you reply as you start to panic.

You noticed he was getting nervous and weirder than usual. Screw it, You decide to make a move and suffer the consequences later. You never took risks but this weird determination rose in your stomach.

"This might sound completely insane, and it is! a-and I completely understand if-"

"I just- I-" 

"And I-I just needed to tell you cause-"

You uncontrollably and somewhat unknowingly find your mouth on his as you cut off his mid-sentence jabbering. Too late for you to turn back now, you lean closer. You quickly felt a hot rose-red blush creep up your neck and tickle the tips of your ears. His lips were ice cold, it was like pressing your mouth up against an iceberg. Yet, weirdly, you didn't mind, you almost found it relaxing in a way. You lose yourself in the moment that feels like forever yet only lasts a few seconds. 

It was a short-lived kiss since you could feel BJ go deadly stiff and tense up on the other end of the kiss as you start to regret what you just did, Oh no. You quickly pull back from the short kiss and look at him, worried. He looks back at you with an expression of shock and just stares at you stunned.

You notice his hair has gone a bright hot pink color with orangy yellow faded tips that glowed like dim embers. You start to get embarrassed and feelings of stupidity crawled up your spine. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid! you really didn't think any of this through. It was more of a reflex rather than anything, you were surprised yourself.

"W- Uh- W-What? Why?" BJ croaked out, he is completely flustered and unsure of what just happened. you were even more shocked, from how BJ acted 24-7 you'd expect him to be at least a bit less flustered than you were. Boy were you wrong.

"Umm I-I don't know, guess I just felt like it?" You say uncomfortably, looking away from him. "Uh, Goodnight Lawrence!" You pick yourself up off the roof and dash off quickly in an awkward embarrassed state.

You curl up in your bed and bury your head in a pillow to hide your shame. What was I thinking?

(A/N: probably going to edit this later.)

Beetlejuice x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara