Chapter 7

Attention

I can feel myself getting dizzy watching Miles pacing back and forth in front of me.

Tonight is the family gala of the whole Dmitry Clan, hosted by the very own family of Miles and Seymour. And tonight, she decided to finally confess to Jae Rin.

Miles looks very elegant in her white halter dress and chic silver pumps. She looks divine with her hair styled in a neat bun and her makeup done immaculately.

I, on the other hand, wear a black tube dress that barely covers my chest and stops just below my butt. I'm kinda uncomfortable and the only thing that's keeping me in it is what Miles had said that Pierre would die seeing me like this. I don't know if it's a good thing though. I don't want to be the reason why Pierre would die, and definitely not this dress.

"What if he doesn't feel the same way? What if he's already in love with somebody else? Do I look good in this dress? Should I go change? Gods! Hyung likes mature girls? Should I wear a more revealing dress? My makeup? Shall I apply more? Maybe something to make it a little fiercer and bolder? What do you think?" She almost bit her nails. I can already feel her anxiety and nervousness in this situation. I just stood up and held her by her shoulders.

"M, you look great and dashing in your dress. Just... just breathe in and keep calm. Say everything you need to say and accept everything elegantly like you truly are, okay? If he likes you, well congratulations! If he doesn't, then he's stupid for not seeing your worth." I tried to encourage her. She cringe at me and gave off a wry smile.

"Why do I feel like you're telling me, this won't go well?" she asked, her voice starting to panic. "You guys text each other, right? So, did he tell you how he feels for me? Is it that bad?" She fired question after another.

I rubbed her shoulders and smiled encouragingly at her. "Miles, you'll do fine. Just relax and be yourself. However this little confession of yours ends up, I'll always be here for you, okay?" finally, she smiled genuinely at me.

My phone inside a sequenced clutch purse vibrated and I took it to read a message from him.

Pierre: Just got here. Wanna see my baby. Where are you?

I can't help a smile stretching across my face. How can he tell he's not into the boyfriend thingy? He clearly makes a perfect boyfriend out of his snob and intimidating demeanor.

Me: I'm in Miles' room.

My phone immediately vibrated with his quick reply.

Pierre: Will you come in mine too? Later? Say after party? ;)

Oh, gosh, Ronnie! Did he just used an emoji on you?!

I bit my lip as I tap my reply. My cheeks flaring with so much excitement.

Me: Mr. Dmitry, are you flirting with me? :O

I laughed seeing my own text sending in. Oh gosh. I wonder how he looks right now. What's he wearing? Boy, I gotta keep my panties in place when he's around.

Pierre: Maybe. Is it working, Miss?

Me: Barely, Mister. I wonder what you'd do about that?

PS. So looking forward for tonight.

Pierre: Oh I have so many ideas, Miss. You're just going to love it.

I kept my phone and stood at the party's garden, overviewing at the vast coverage of the life of the city.

The Family Gala is held in one of the hundreds of hotel chains the Dmitry's owned. The party is held at the cozy yet flamboyant garden located besides a hundredth floor building. The hotel is located at the highest peak of town which overlooks at the entire city life below. The city lights during at night are like stars illuminating the dark sky sprinkled with gleaming orb of shiny dust from below.