Chapter 9

Gone

"So this is where you've been hiding?" Nikko asked as he parked in front of our drive way.

I cocked at eyebrow at him in confusion but in the end I just smiled at him. I'm mentally and physically exhausted to horse around. I just want to have a good night sleep.

"A Blaisdell huh?" he mused. "I've been gone for a while but I knew you're a new face. So tell me, are you related to the Blaisdell?" he asked. I just shrugged at him and smiled weakly.

"They're my parents." Said I. His eyes widen and I think he lost a few shades of his face.

"You're the heiress of the Blaisdell Empire?!" his jaw dropped and he seemed too surprise. I don't want to lie to him but it feels wrong saying yes. I mean, I am the only daughter but I'm not sure if I am an heiress. I haven't adjusted yet fully on the kind of lifestyle my parents are surrounding me, yet here I am discussing if I am an heiress or what. I just gave Nikko a tired smile.

"I have to go now, Nikko. Thanks for the ride." I said gratefully before unlocking the door. I gave him a curt nod before getting out of the car.

"Sure thing, Princess." I inwardly cringe when he called me that. I can hardly call myself an heiress let alone a princess. It's just so wrong.

I waved at him one last time before watching his car drive away.

I threw myself on my bed the moment I got inside my room.

I am dead tired. And my whole body aches, especially my feet. Damn, heels! Ugh!

Staring at my ceiling, I pondered on the things that had happened these past few days.

Everything happened too fast. It feels surreal. It's like a whirlwind of unthought-of things. Flashbacks of scenes that had happened this week came flashing in my mind like twister. I feel like vomiting. I am so overwhelmed.

Pierre.

Just the mere mention of his name sends my beating in full jeopardy. The only guy who's able to mess with my previously serene life. I sigh.

With everything that had happened, I am searching any hint of regret in me but found none. I am actually surprisingly grateful for unexplainable reason. So I just decided to let things be. Not over think. I think that's the best way to handle the situation.

So what if I like the dude? So what if he still hasn't moved on from his ex yet? So what if he's just after bedding me? So what? Yeah, so what.

But in so many aspects, no matter how hard I try to convince myself that it is okay, the truth will always haunt me and slap it onto my face that it is not.

And that's because I am in love with the dude.

I sighed again.

With all my remaining strength, I forced myself to get up and have a hot bath before going to sleep. I feel sticky because of the party and tired because of too much emotion in me. One moment I'm happy with him and I've just gone out for a bathroom break and when I returned I am already brokenhearted. I smiled bitterly at myself. The flaw of loving a Dmitry: being emotionally fragile because this is all about, battle of emotions and carnal calls. Of course, you can't be just physically attached to anyone without being emotionally involved too, right? It's a package deal. You get to have the body, you also get the heart.

I think it'd be more convenient if it isn't like that. When you can have sex with a person over and over again without being emotionally attach to them. But of course, that's just a wishful thinking. Because on the first place, you wouldn't give yourself to that man over and over again if you aren't feeling anything for him.