Chapter 12

Bliss

Santi was fast asleep at the backseat of Jae Rin's car. He's been snoring and mumbling incoherent words the moment he dozed off. 

I don't know what exactly is happening but I have this feeling that this has something to do with Miles' departure.

It's almost eight in the evening and we're on our way to Santi's flat. Jae's driving while I'm taking the shot gun seat beside him.

"Do you think he's fine?" I couldn't help but ask Jae. I don't know if there's any brother code shiz I'm breaking. I'm just worried why he's being like this? Besides, I still also have my initial suspicion that it has something to do with Miles. 

When we got there, the valet took Jae's keys and another one helped us carry Santi towards his unit. It seemed like Jae has been here before or he's often here since every staff never misses greeting him.

"Thanks." We said to one of the bell boys who helped us to tuck Santi to bed.

"What happened to him?" I asked Jae. He just shrugged then sighed. "You're his friend." 

"We used to be." My brows furrowed. "Until Miles grew feelings for me." he muttered. My eyes widen but I didn't show it. So, he knew?

"What do you mean?"

"Santi's been in love with Miles ever since." And that was it. That's all he needed to say so that everything would make sense. But one thing stills bothers me.

Why did Miles leave?

She told me she'll confess to Jae the night at the gala. But after the party, I've actually never heard from Miles since then. Also, Jae said Miles didn't confess that night. But he knew about the latter's feelings for him. And then there's Santi, whom according to Jae, unfriended him just because the girl likes him.

It doesn't need second guessing to figure out Santi's in love with Miles. But I still don't get it why Miles has to leave all of a sudden. Did something happen that night?

My eyes wandered back to Santi, sleeping peacefully on his bed. He's snuggling to his fluffy white comforter and he's been hugging his pillow like he's afraid it'd leave him. Looking at him like this, I can hardly tell he's the most mischievous person in the group. Right now, he just looks so serene and innocent.

I spotted the clock at his bedside table then figured it was already almost ten in the evening. Out of instinct, I heaved a yawn while covering my mouth.

"You're tired. I'll drive you home now." Jae Rin volunteered. Since I'm really exhausted and sleepy too, I didn't argue further. I just nodded then followed him walk outside Santi's flat.

I didn't even realized we were already home because I fell asleep during the entire ride. I just woke up when I felt someone caressing my left cheek, lightly poking it.

"Ron, wake up. We're here." I heard someone mumbled. I almost freaked out when I heard a man's voice. I even forgot I was with him. He laughed at my epic reaction when I opened my eyes. I thought I must've really looked funny that he has to laugh.

"I'll see you, then?" he beamed at me. I'm really sleepy so I didn't reply and just nodded at him and smiled back. 

I got out of his car then waved at him. He waited for me to get inside before he drove away.

I yawned again when I reached my room. I went straight to my walk in closet to change clothes then dove right onto my bed. 

I opened my eyes drowsily as I reach for my bedside lamp, when I noticed pink long stemmed rose sitting on top of my table. Beneath it is a paper folded into two.