Chapter 11

Drunk

I'm not a crybaby.

Well, okay, maybe I am-but just a little.

I may have mentioned this already before but I really seldom cry. One of the few moments that I would shed a tear is either something bad really happened, I'm having my period or I was too hurt. And right now, I am the latter.

I wasn't hurt just because I heard his voice. I wasn't hurt because I missed him so much. I wasn't hurt that I kind of regret everything. Truth is, I am hurt because when I was about to take all my pride back and say those words to him, something made me stop.

It's seem like the whole universe is against us making up and getting back together.

"I miss you, baby." I admit there was that fluttery yet painful feeling at the pit of my stomach when I heard him say that. God knows how overwhelmed I was because I was surprisingly hearing him the same way I can hear my own emotions.

"I miss you too, baby." I wanna say that. Damn, I badly want to say those words back. my throat hurts suppressing the overwhelming feeling in my gut but something seemed to broke the damn of hot fresh tears when someone spoke from the background.

"Sey, you still comin' in?" it was a voice of a woman.

I bit my lip to keep it from trembling.

No matter how unfamiliar the voice was, like it could belong to anybody else, but I only have one suspicion that the owner of the voice was...

I'm afraid to find out whom.

Pierre didn't was silent for a while until I heard him heave a sigh. "Just a sec, Bri."

Bri.

How can a three letter name hurt me so bad?

I tried composing myself from the unstoppable tears my eyes kept on emitting but I just can't. The best thing I can do right now is to be silent and not let him know I'm crying.

"Baby." I heard Pierre breathe from the other line. "Please say something." he basically pleads and that's it. I couldn't take it anymore.

Without any more words to say, I turned off my phone and buried my face onto my pillow.

I cried, and cried, and cried until I have no more tears to shed.

It hurts.

How can he be with the reason why we aren't okay right now?

She's his first love, Ronnie. D to the U to the H! DUH!

I gulp. The thought made me cry even more.

It's okay, Ronnie. Cry it all right now. And tomorrow, when you wake up, you'll be fine. Damn, you'll be better than you ever was.

Fuck. I sounded so bitter.

But maybe this is what a real broken heart leads me.

My eyes sting the next morning because of too much crying. It was already dawn break when my eyes finally had enough of crying and decided to call it done. Hopefully, everything will get better now since I've taken out all my feelings and hurting.

I am fine now... at least I'd like to think I was.

Since I slept late last night, it was already noon when I woke up.