Chapter 8: The war (Pt. 1)

After a few hours later, the group finally met up with Jean and Diluc at the Starsnatch Cliff. "Everyone is finally here." Diluc spoke up. "What a view.." Paimon said while admiring the view. "Lovely for a fated reunion, isn't it? Well, we must be prepared fo a fight." Venti said. "Regardless of the outcome, things finally seem to be taking a turn for the better. Mondstadt has really been going through so much recently." Jean said. "Huh! In the end, the solution to our problem was as simple as a traveler and a song. I suppose the Knights of Favonius may have played a part in it too." Diluc scoffed. "Oh we get it Master Diluc... Everyone, please step aside! I, the best bard of the mortal world shall begin my performance with the Holy Lyre." As Venti said that, he started the performance.

A short, beautiful melody was heard... before the earth shaked and Stormterror appeared out of nowhere. A huge wind shooked the group at the cliff. Suddenly, the dragon talked. "You have come... What had been done cannot be undone..." The dragon spoke. "Then why do I see sadness in your eyes? Sadness that speaks for your yearning of this song..." The dragon growled at Venti. "They are... communicating... Huh?" Suddenly a ice came attacking the Lyre; breaking it. "Oh no! Tone deaf bard!" Paimon called out to Venti with a nickname she gave him along the way and the group rushed to Venti.

"Do not be fooled by him, dear dragon..." An Abyss Mage came "He left you to rot alone..." "No! Listen to me!" Venti shouted but its no use for the mage spoke louder. "Now he attempts to deceive you once more..." "Barbatos..." The dragon said. "Let your wrath fester! Mondstadt has already turned its back on you!" As the Mage finished, Stormterror roared.

"You! You were planning this all along? To have me slain by them?" The dragon roared once again. "Dvalin, it's not like that!" Venti desperately trying to convince Dvalin; but his attempt failed as the Abyss mage instigate Dvalin once more. "The time has come for the dragon to serve its true master... While you bewail your pathetic selves... And watch the world tremble with fear!" The Abyss Mage said and flew away with Stormterror somewhere. "Dvalin..." Venti said.. disappointed at what happened.

"Barbat- Venti, please be careful..." Jean cuts herself off. "Hehe... You've known my true identity for some time now, haven't you Jean? Though, I thank you for continuing to use the name Venti." Venti said. "How's the Holy Lyre? Can it still be played? Or does it need to be repaired?" Diluc asked. "Ugh... Unfortunately, I think its beyond repair..." Venti said. "What? So there's no other way to purify him!?" Mayoka shouted. "Dvalin is in danger!" Aether continued. "No, we have to stop this abyss mage first! If we don't fight the evil at its source, then we can't save Dvalin at all." Diluc said. "In which case I shall call upon Outrider Amber to track it down..." Jean said. "No need." Diluc cut her short. "Why is that?" "I eradicated one not long ago, in one of the Four Winds Temples." Diluc said. "Ah...." Mayoka said; understood what he meant by the presence she felt that time but decided to stay quiet about it. "What? When...?" Paimon asked. "If gou want to track those monsters down, then I'll seek answers from my contracts. I've got other means for getting the job done. "Diluc..." Paimon sighed. "Though he dislikes rhe Knights of Favonius, he protects Mondstadt in his own way..." Paimon said to herself. "Ooh? Why does our little Paimon sound so doting all of the sudden?" Venti joked. "Hmph. Wait for my word. I'll be sure to let the Abyss Order know that their blatant disregard for Mondstadt... will not go unpunished." Diluc said.

~Somewhere... In another place...~

A young girl... Similar to Aether with a lighter color palette were standing there with 2 Abyss Mage behind her. Stormterror flew above them and the Abyss Mage from earlier teleported behind her. "Your highness... Your humble servant returns... When your homeland returns to this world... We shall revel in its glory!

--------------to be continued--------------

Okay-
Yall don't know how shocked i am when I'm writing this. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ENDING-
WHY IS SHE THERE???

WAT-

OKAY-

IM OUT-

IM DISAPPOINTED-

DESPAIR OUT!