Confronting Fears: Chapter 15

I walked around the exterior of the estate a few times before pondering upon a familiar locked and gated enclosure, which held the Grave of Selena. There was no one nearby, and I knew I shouldn't stray far for my own safety, but my curiosity overruled my common sense. I foolishly climbed over the fence and carelessly tumbled to the ground landing on my backside.

Pain escalated up my leg and between my legs, and I remember the little critter in my stomach. I quickly grabbed my stomach and found it was still swelled with the critter safe and sound. I quickly regretted hopping over the fence and endangering the safety of my critter in my stomach. However, the deed was already done, and task needed to be completed.

I peered around the enclosure and it was just as I had last seen it. The grass was unkempt and the grey tomb stone lay in the center of the enclosure. I got up, walked over to it and brushed my hands across the words that read Selena Estalla. I kept brushing my hands across the tomb until I felt hand-made carvings and I kneeled down to read them. The words read Grant and Selena together forever.

I stumbled back in disbelief and shock, and the pink diamond necklace in my pocket fell on the ground. I read the words again Grant and Selena together forever. The ingrained words on the tomb stone were as real as I was. I backed away in disgust and stumbled over the pink necklace that had fallen out of my pocket. I picked it up and threw it at the tombstone. ''Its yours now,'' I said hastily before climbing back over the fence and tumbling to the ground a bit more gracefully then before.

As I patted my dress down to get rid the dust and dirt from my dress, a familiar masculine voice cleared his throat. I looked up see Allen frowning at me with both his eyes and his face. ''Curiosity kills the cat,'' I said jokingly to him, but his facial expression remained unchanged. ''I'd appreciate if we kept this incident between us, Allen,'' I said to him.

He raised one eyebrow and did not respond. I was sure he would inform Sam of my shenanigans, just as he did in New York. However, I still tried to my best to persuade him and smiled at him one last time before walking away. The stables were in the far distance and I decided to sneak a peak at the devilish monster.

Along my stroll I walked past the unaccompanied stable, which was always supposed to be guarded. I looked off in the far distance and saw a group of men taking their lunch break together and enjoying the pleasant day. No wonder Grant escaped, but why would he come back? I thought to myself.
I hesitantly walked towards the stables and peeked inside the dusty shed through a small crack in the stables. Grant was sitting in the corner shackled to a horse stall busying himself with the twig he held in his hand. He suddenly looked up as if he sensed my presence. He looked in my directly and glared. I felt uneasy, but I told myself there was no possible way he could spot me through the small crack in the stable.
He lifted one of his shackled hands in the air for a moment then waved hello towards my direction. "Blue Eyes," he sung in the most creepy and sinister voice I had ever heard.
"I know your there. Answer me, Dammit!" he yelled to the top of his lungs. His voice startled me and I quickly took flight back to the safety of the mansion. I could hear him laughing hysterically as I made my way from danger. His voice was so loud the disobedient men eating lunch heard him in the far distance and the singing birds, crickets, and chickens went silent. The four men abandoned their meals went running towards the stables.
''Blues Eyes!'' yelled Sam from the near distance. ''Lets go eat dinner and you can enlighten me about your day,'' he suggested as he put an arm around me and steered me toward the mansion.
Sam didn't bring up the topic of my shenanigans from earlier that day at dinner, and I assumed Allen did not inform him. However, I was wrong, and the topic was quickly brought up in our bedroom that night after dinner. I slipped on my nightgown and Sam crept behind pulling me into his arms and forcing me to meet his eye contact.