Results: Chapter 5

It took several hours until we arrived at Sam's estate and the moon was high in the sky. We tied the carriage on some trees in the woods and made our way to the enclosure. There were guards swarming and guarding the fence with guns in their hands.

''I know a way in, but we're going to have to climb two fences'' I whispered. She nodded and I led her to the unkempt and grassy part of the enclosure. We wobbled over the fence using a large nearby rock to give us a boost. We sloppily climbed over the fence and into the intimate area of Selena's memorial. There were new flowers laid out on her tombstone and I thought it was odd being Sam was miles away on a medical venture for sick kids.

''So, this is Selena?'' said Teal as she brushed her fingers across the tombstone.

''Pretty much'' I responded.

''How are gonna climb this wooden fence? Only one of us can go'' said Teal.

''Well I'm not leaving you here. This was a bad idea anyway. Let's head back'' I responded to her as I walked back towards the enclosure.

Teal grabbed my arm to stop me and said, ''No! No. We did not come all this way for nothing. Rain River Brandy, you are climbing over that fence. I'll be here waiting when you get back'' she ordered. Tears streamed down my face and we embraced in a tight hug. I kissed her on the cheek before she bent down on her knees for me to climb over the fence.

I climbed onto her back and lifted myself over the long fence. I tumbled to the ground nearly breaking my ankle, but I managed to walk away with a small scratch. I lifted myself up and ran to a nearby window in the kitchen of the big castle. I used all my strength and adrenaline to open the window and I lifted it enough to climb through it. The sharp wood scratched against the palms of my hands as I struggled to fit through the window. It was pitch black inside the castle and I couldn't see anything. My only option was to use my hands as a guide to support myself through the window.

I was midway through the window when it sealed shut against my back. I struggled to free myself, but I was locked in and I heard footsteps coming towards me outside. ''Who

s there?'' yelled one of the guards as I felt his presence approaching.

Panic set into my soul and tears began to stream down my face. I saw my future with Sam disappear and imagined my body hanging from tree. I realized how much I wanted a future with him, even if he was a killer. He was the kindest soul and he made me feel alive. He took me into his home and promised to protect me, and only asking for my hand in return. My negative thoughts about him subsided and I felt silly as my body hung out the window. I wriggled and whimpered continuously trying to free myself, but it was of no use.

Suddenly, there was a flicker of light in the kitchen turned and I looked up to see Grant's face with a lamp in hand. He was wearing loose ragged pajamas and his curly hair was unkempt. He was wearing dirty shoes as if he had just finished yard work. ''Need a hand?'' he asked with a smirk on his face.

''Yes. Please, hurry!'' I loudly whispered to him. He ran over to me to lift the sealed window crushed against my back and I fell backwards out the window landing on my backside onto the grassy surface. I grabbed my neck and realized the pink diamond Sam had given me was gone and I began to panic, and my tears began to thicken as I saw the shadows of the guards coming closer.

''My pink diamond necklace! It's gone,'' I cried.

''Don't worry about it, just leave it,'' said Grant.

''Sam gave it to me,'' I said as I searched the ground frantically and blindfully with my hands.

''Shit! Rain! I'll find it, just grab my arms. Hurry up!'' Grant yelled quietly, as he extended his arms out of the window. I grabbed ahold of his arms tightly and he grabbed me under my armpits and quickly whisked me through the window of the castle. He picked me up as if I was as light as a feather and laid me on the floor gently.