The Note

If you find this, the apocalypse has already begun. I didn't intend for this to happen, but my silly, unprofessional mistake has already taken its toll on me. Inside the cold tank, I will be transformed into a creature and "hibernation" will begin. The government asked me to make myself their experiment for a lot of money, and I happily agreed. My marvelous daughter, Sandy, is attending college to study fashion design. I don't want her dream to fail like it did mine, so her old man decided to try this on a whim. I can't say much to the person reading this, but just know those people aren't to be messed with. I will be in the tank as their "life source", but please, if you can, kill me. I never intended to start the destruction of Earth and its inhabitants, so do me the favor of killing me. When you do so, their systems will fail, and the sky won't be a dark green anymore. They won't know who it is right now, but as soon as you kill me, agents and spies will be after you judging by the cameras in the room. I beg of you, please be careful, and good luck.

I finish reading and look up. Austin runs his fingers in his hair as the other two look off in disbelief. I have mixed feelings about the note. It feels... too easy. Like this note solved all the world's problems... but will it really?

"This is such bullshit. We can't trust it." Connie argues as I look at him. He has a point. You really can't trust a person walking down the street anymore, since you have no idea if they might be a Hellborn or not.

"I doubt it, bro. I've talked with Sandy! She told me something related to this, saying how her dad took up an offer by someone that'll let her stay in college and for him to further his research." My eyebrows stitch together. Austin also has a point. Aya then slips to the floor, running her fingers through her hair.

"I can't do this. This is exactly what I had to do with my ma when she was on life support. I had to watch the doctors take her away from me, I can't do that again Indigo!" I go down to her level and comfort her the best as possible.

"Indigo, we go with you. What do you think?" I look at everyone and contemplate.

"Let's say the note is true. Do we risk ourselves being caught and end up the same way he did, or do we leave the one opportunity that could potentially save the world?" No one answers as I start to panic inside. I can't figure this shit out for myself! I already have enough to worry about, and now these people want me to make the biggest decision possible? I can't, I just can't--

"Indi, breathe." I look up to see Connie's hand on my shoulder and I take a deep breath. Why do I so badly want his hand on my cheek? Is this sexual frustration? "I'm not telling you to make one right now, but we will go by your decision in the end, alright?" I half smile.

"Thanks, Connie. It's like you have a sixth sense for when I get like this." We both chuckle as I see a faint pink rush to his cheeks. I forget what I see and look at Austin and Aya, as he comforts her. "We can focus on the Hellborn up stairs if you'd like." I look back at him and I realize how close we are. My face gets a bit hot and my gaze goes from my shoes back to his face. "You feeling okay?" I gulp. I can't bring up what Aya told me to talk about now, it's the wrong time.

"Uh, yeah. Let's check on that Hellborn!" I say with forced enthusiasm as I quickly go up the stairs, not looking back. I'm such an idiot, I'm such an idiot, I'm such an idiot--

"Indigo!" I feel Connie's hand grab my arm. My face gets even hotter. I look at him as he places a piece of trash to hold the hatch door slightly open. He looks at me, like really looks at me, and softens his expression. "You have something on your mind. Tell me." I gulp again and fidget with my fingers. He gets closer to me.

"You like to do that a lot, don't you?" He laughs a bit.

"Well, it helps to since you like to spew things out when you're nervous." I nervously laugh.

"Nervous? That's the last thing I am right now!" He gets closer, so close that our noses are practically touching. I quickly look to the left. "You need to stop doing that." He hums.

"And what am I doing exactly?" I look at him with a serious expression.

"Falling for me."

+ +