Testing, Testing 1, 2,... WTF

"Connie, don't forget the baseball bat!" I yell from downstairs as I pack supplies in my backpack.

"Cleaning it now!" I nod to myself as I watch Austin from the couch touching up his camera.

"Are you ready to go Austin?" He looks at me and nods, making his sunglasses fall over his eyes. I chuckle and watch as Connie walks down the stairs. He's wearing a white tank top with a black coat along with joggers and sneakers. I'm wearing a long-sleeved blue shirt with sweatpants and sneakers. Austin is wearing a red t-shirt which reads "Hypebeast" with jeans and converse. I roll my eyes at the writing on the shirt. We all head over to the car and place our things in the backseat.

"Oh, wait! I forgot something." Austin quickly runs back to the house, then comes back outside. I turn my head to see him with a butcher's knife. My eyebrows lift as he packs it in my backpack.

"Uh, Austin?" He hums in my direction. "Who said you were fighting?" He taps his finger on his chin like he's genuinely thinking.

"Well, I was guessing me!" I stop him and grab his hand, making him blush.

"Sweetheart, you can't fight for your life! Have you ever killed one before?" He shakes his head. "I thought so. If anything, I'll hold it for ya." I smile and I let go of his hand. As we all sit in the car, Austin looks out the window, pouting. He's such a child. I look at Connie and see him smiling at himself. He must feel me staring as he quickly glances my way.

"What's up? Is there something on my face?" I chuckle and shake my head.

"No, no. I just haven't seen you smile in a while."

"Oh, well... I guess I haven't been for a while, huh? Sorry about that."

"No need to apologize! I just-- nevermind." Connie shrugs and continues to drive.

+ +

Connie parks in a popular park around the area. I was thinking of a park since they can be mostly invested with people like families, people dating, older couples, and creeps. As we get our supplies , I hear multiple low growls around the area. "Well Indigo, I guess you were right." I look at Austin and smile. We carefully set up behind a few trees and bushes. I take out our weapons and Austin's camera. I hand him the camera as he sets in on top of a solid rock next to the bush. He presses the record button and we take a look at the surrounding Hellborns.

"Stay the fuck away from me!" I see a woman defend herself with a stick as a Hellborn approaches her slowly. I want to help her, but she could be the test subject I was waiting for. I examine her further as she looks up at the sky, praying out loud. She doesn't transform immediately, but after screaming in defense and charging, she transforms into a Hellborn. My eyes widen as my theory comes into light. Maybe this is can be the answer to--

"Whatcha guys looking at?" We silently jump as we all turn around. A girl around my age stares at us. She has brown hair and very vibrant blue eyes. She's wearing a pink v-neck with joggers and sneakers. She takes a seat between Connie and I, making me shift to the side. Who the hell does this girl think she is? "Nice camera!" Austin chimes in.

"Ah, thanks! It was totally worth the price." She agrees with him and he giggles. Man, this guy falls easy. I wonder if Connie-- oh. His eyes are landed right to where her cleavage is slightly exposed. I roll my eyes. He's such a pervert.

"Now--" She puts her arm around me. "--what y'all got goin on here? Are we examining some of these ugly things?" I grab her arm and place it to her side, sighing.

"I'm not answering your question until you answer mine: who the fuck are you?" She giggles and faces me.

"No need for the attitude, pumpkin. But you're right, I was awfully rude to y'all." She clears her throat. "I'm Aya, but call me 'A!'" The boys introduce themselves while I do the same. "So, what's the plan here?"

"It's a long story, but we are recording some Hellb-- I mean, these creatures for research purposes." She beams.

"Aw, they have names! Whatcha called them?" Connie pops in.

"Hellborns! I came up with the name myself." He slightly flexes his muscles as she cheers for him. Little does she know is that I came up with the name, but I'll let him have the glory. Austin taps my shoulder and I look at him. He signals me to come closer to whisper something.

"Indigo, are you okay man? You look kinda jealous." I look at him, shock on my face.

"What? No, no, no... jealous? Me? That's ridiculous! I--" I look at Connie and Aya having a conversation as they examine the Hellborns. I shake my head. "No, Austin. I'm not jealous. But right now I need both of your heads out of your dicks." Connie overhears me and clears his throat. He chuckles a bit.

"Sorry, Indi. Let's continue." I sigh a final time and continue to examine the Hellborns. Based on the girl that transformed into a Hellborn after showing stress, I'm pretty sure my theory proves true. "Is that Hellborn staring at us?" Ah shit, I must have spaced out. They approach slowly, but as soon as I pull out my gun, Aya springs into action and hopes over the bush. She pulls out a boomerang with blades taped on the ends. When she threw it, it punctured the creature's head and it fell to the ground. I get inspired, surprisingly, and spring to action myself. I put the gun back in my pocket and grabbed the butcher's knife. I stand next to Aya and finish the job by grabbing its hair and slitting its throat. I get a bit of blood on my clothes, making me groan in annoyance.

"Damn pumpkin, you got some fight in ya!" I look at Aya and smile a little.

"Yeah, you too." We fist bump each other. We hear clapping in the background, so we turn our attention to the boys. They have proud faces on as they continue to cheer for us. "Well Aya, welcome to the group."

"Glad to be with y'all!"

+ +