1 - Ladylight

KIYOOMI SAKUSA's Journal

DAY 1 - Ladylight Bar

Today I visited this bar in the town I recently moved into. I couldn't get a good look at the name but the inside was breathtaking. Unlike other bars I've drank a few shots in, this one was particularly admirable and fascinating. -

Earlier at the Ladylight Bar.

Today was the shittiest day of my life. My boss was doing the literal most, throwing ultimatums at me like I was actually gonna deal with his shit. I've worked at his company for two years and the audacity that man had to demote me, reduce my pay and treat me like crap simply because I had three bad days in a row and messed up most of my work is bullshit!

Then he goes and gives that new Jimmy guy MY job. Like who even is that dude, he only started a week ago and now he's the bosses assistant.

Like I said, bullshit.

Nonetheless, this new town's pretty boujee and looks pleasant enough for me, an over-protective germaphobe to live in. I really hate bars but my phobia made an exception for this one. Walking into it was like taking a step into wonderland.

Random neon lights shaped like rectangles, a marble counter for the array of bartenders, decorative blue tiles and chairs that made you wanna hesitate before sitting down because they were so transparent.

Not to mention the beauty who took my order. "You gotta starin' problem or what, buddy?" The guy has a nice Italian accent. It was like a mix of a country boy who developed an intonation from visiting New Jersey too often.

"Hm? Ah, my bad. I just can't seem to figure out why you're so attractive.." I take a glance at his name tag. "Atsumu." I flash a douchey smile. The blonde male chuckles in return. "You have a nice smile."

God, I really don't know why my mouth keeps talking. He'll get uncomfortable- shut up already!

"Sorry, I must be making you uncomfortable. I swear I'm not usually like this." I say with a reassuring smile.

"Don't be too harsh on yourself, it's nice being able to interact with a few people now and then. It get's suffocating in here sometimes and quick." We both giggle. "Say, what's 'ya name?"

I tilt my head in slight interest. "Sakusa...Sakusa Kiyoomi." I say with a smile.

"Does it stink in here? Is that why you have that mask hanging onto yer ear?"

"Jokes! You got jokes. Ha, but no. That's far from the point. I'm actually a germaphobe." Ah..there it is, the turn off. Whenever I bring my mysophobia up it never fails to drive everyone away.

"Ooh, interesting. Can you like see all the germs on me?" The blonde boy takes a minute to process what just came out his mouth. "Oh I didn't mean it in an offensive way!-"

"No no, it's okay." Well maybe it doesn't drive everyone away. "And no I can't see the germs on you. You're clean, surprisingly."

"Haha- was that supposed to be a roast? I don't blame you. I'm actually pretty surprised myself."

"Really? And why is that." I leaned in closer and so did the blonde man, to mimic me.

"As an attractive bartender I get a lot of men coming up to me asking for quickies, sex, and mainly my number mosta the time. Especially this Terushima guy, he comes in every friday and bothers the crap outta me. He's such a tryhard."

"Then why not just tell your boss or something? The guy sounds like a real pain in the ass."

"Oh believe me, I've tried! But turns out nothing matters when yer boss doesn't even remember he hired you." The man rolled his eyes. He stared at me for a second and his eyebrows made his face look curious. "You look insanely young? Are you underage drinking." He poked my shoulder.

I usually flinched at the tiniest of skinship but this guy, this guy right here with the hot looks and cute Italian accent changed that. "I get that all the time." I take out my wallet and hand him my id. "I'm 23. You?"

He analyzed the plastic for a moment before handing it back with a playful grin. "22. Tell me about yourself, Mr. Kiyoomi."

"Hmph. Well, I did just recently move here from San Diego because of my asshole of a boss. I quit because he demoted me and treated me like absolute dog-shit simply because I had three bad days in a row, I worked there for two years, can you believe that? On top of that, he gives this new guy my old job." I was so into pouring my anger out that I hadn't noticed my voice inclining in pitch.

"Yikes. I'm 100% that new guy is definitely less attractive than you though. Yer boss lost a real dime, ha." His subtle little flirts made me grin.

" His subtle little flirts made me grin