One

The alarm clock sounded off at exactly the moment my dream was getting good. Why did my dreams always end at the best parts. Hmph. Oh well better start my day then.

"Alexandra!" my step-mom called from the bottom of the stairs "get up or you'll be late sweetie" ugh, I always hates when she calls me 'pet' names. I just need her to understand I'm not a baby anymore.

"Al!!" my dad yelled. Why he always called me that I will never know. I'm not a boy. " This food is getting cold"
Ugh my dad cooking, I think I'd rather starve.

I guess you're probably wondering about my life. Well my dad owned a successful auto shop. My mom went to get her brakes fixed. They started talking and boom. They fall in love get married and have me a year later. Though my mom died when I was twelve. My dad married my mom's best friend a year later. Before you think my dad is a dick. It was my moms final wish for those two to be happy together, and to keep me in a 'family' setting. Soo now my step-mom Cathy and my dad Victor are together.

Rolling my eyes I get in the shower. Grabbing my winter berry body wash. It smells crisp and lightly fruit. Razor! I also shaved my body. Ugh. Sometimes I'd rather just wax. Stepping out I gently dried off. Flat ironing then putting pink in my hair I walk out the bathroom to see that my step-mom made my bed and placed my 'little' black dress.

Today is graduation day. I'm so happy yet nervous. I mean, it's finally over. Twelve years of waking up a six, studying my ass off, prom, principle's list! Now I'm done. Well now I'm ready, to go into the publishing business.

Slipping on the dress and my teal heels. I apply little makeup and apple lip gloss. Trotting down the stairs I cleared my throat as I stepped down the last step. My dad looked up at me with his mouth open. Cathy was crying as she hugged me.

"Y-you look so much like your mother" my father said rubbing my cheek. That just caused Cathy to start sobbing super hard.

"Aww come on now ma. No need to cry. You're messing up your face" I said handing her some tissues.

"Ok girls lets get going. We can't have you late Al baby." my dad said pushing us out the door and into the car.

"Oh and sweetie we are taking you out for your graduation dinner afterwards" Cathy said cheerily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm so proud of you sweetie" Cathy beamed

"You may be grown and have graduated but you're still our baby!" my dad chuckled.

"Thanks you ma, dad. I'm so happy you pushed me to where I am." I sniffled wiping a stray tear off my cheek. "I found a publishing house that would give me an internship while going through college"

Cathy and I squealed which caused daddy to cover his ears. "Oh and some of my friends are going out tonight...and they invited me." I gave a total innocent smile

"Hmm. Well I guess it's ok. Just be home by a decent time sweetie" Cathy smiled but daddy had a sour look on. He's super protective.

"Thanks ill call the gang to pick me up here." I said while texting Jen. Telling her I was on board with the club scene

"Ohh and then me and daddy can have a night of our own" Cathy cuddles up to my dad kissing his neck. I nearly hacked out the food I just ate. See Cathy is from Spain so she is super hot blooded and passionate. She is fun, loud, but full of emotion.

"Mamí , papí!" Jen shouted in the diner. Jen has been my best friend since the age of three. My dad hated when she called him that, because I found out the hard way, that Cathy calls dad that in bed. Eww. "I'm here to pick up my sister" she said hugging me.