Tip 12: Play it Cool

"Challenge accepted on one condition. You'll come back to me."

Surprised, I stood there a moment, trying to understand what he was saying. I couldn't speak because I was so shocked. I didn't see that one coming.

"You're used to getting everything you want, aren't you?" I asked even though I already knew the answer to that question.

Hindi ko lubos na naiintindihan kung bakit pinipilit pa rin ni Chase ang sarili nito sa akin gayong napakaraming mga babae naman ang umaaligid dito.

Isa pa, wala pa akong nakikitang babaeng more than twice na kasama nito. Sabagay, bakit nga ba naman ito magtitiyaga sa isa lang eh hindi ito nawawalan ng babae kahit saan magpunta which is weird and deeply confusing dahil gusto pa nitong bumalik pa ako sa kanya.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ang dapat kong isagot kay Chase. Kung magmamatigas ba ako o papayag sa kagustuhan nito. I think I am digging my own grave. Bakit ko pa kasi nasabi pa iyon?

"Not really." He smirked, his voice low.

My heart was racing and my mind was still a mess. It got worse when Chase started walking towards me and he kept walking towards me until he was right in front of me.

I didn't know what to say. He sniffed along my neck, his fingers on my skin cooling me down. My heart was pounding, pounding harder as he looked into my eyes intently.

Bago pa ako mawala sa aking katinuan sa ilalim ng mala-apoy sa init na mga titig ni Chase na nasa aking harapan ay mabilis na tumalikod na ako. I went to head for the exit when he swiftly grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled me back. He spinned me around and pulled me into him again.

"Hindi pa tayo tapos." He whispered, his tone seductive, never looking away from my eyes, holding me there intently.

I could not hear the music anymore, my body was filled with his scent and the feel of his body so close to mine. There were butterflies in my stomach as he held me up to him.

I swallowed hard, but still couldn't think of anything to say. His manipulation over the situation was not an intelligent decision. He acted on impulse.

"I... I can't." I barely managed. He leaned back puzzled, his eyes darkening.

"You can't?" ulit nito, his gruff voice full of sarcasm. "Most women would die to be where you're standing, Jas."

Blood rushed to my head in anger. That just turned me off and my confidence came back. Bumalik sa aking isipan ang mga nagawang panloloko sa akin ni Chase noon kaya unti-unting nawawala ang mahikang tila ipinukol nito sa akin.

I stepped back, trying to suppress my temper, but I shot him a piercing glare. I wanted to slap him but I didn't want to cause a scene in the middle of the dance floor.

"I'm not most women, Chase." I snapped at him. "I also like gentlemen, not flirts like you." I sounded so immature, but I was thinking on my toes. Kinukumpara ako ng lalaking ito sa mga babae niya.

I saw his mouth twitch, once, twice and then he let out a dry laugh and despite the anger I was feeling, his laugh was calming. He eventually stopped laughing and when his eyes landed back on me, his expression turned cold.