Part 13

The ticking of the clock matched the jumping movement of Draco's leg as he sat beside you, holding your hand securely in his. He had lost track of time since he carried you inside, your body limp and covered in blood and sweat as he held you close to his chest, your head resting in his shoulder as he tightened his hold on your body whispering sweet nothings at the side of your head. Had it been an hour? Three? The entire evening? He didn't care, not until you woke up and told him you were alright.

The door of the room opened slowly, Andromeda stepping inside with a tray in her hands.

"What happened?" asked Draco desperately from the side of the bed, his grip tight on your hand as he looked for his aunt's eyes.

She shook her head, placing the tray down on the nightstand, turning to him with her arms crossed across her chest "I got there on time, that's what happened." she said bitterly as she began to pace in front of the bed. Draco started to complain, mumbling all kinds of nonsense as he stared at your unconscious body "It would do you no good to know!" she snapped, cutting him off "I got there and Bella was already there. She escaped."

"No." he said stubbornly "She would have never left just because you got there, no" he rambled, shaking his head furiously "You didn't even tell me." he said angrily, voice barely above a whisper.

"Now, what good would that have been?" she stated sternly "It was your idea that I kept an eye on her, and I did. You didn't have to know." she said more relaxed, her voice reminded him of her mother. She drew a chair from the small table in the room, taking the tray in her lap. Draco stared at her almost unconsciously, taking the clothes in her steady hands as she dampened them in the bowl with water. She started to do careful work in cleaning your body, starting with your face as she simultaneously said "If I have told you that she almost lost her job three times in the past two months, that she didn't go out, that the only human interaction besides her students was with me and Teddy or that she was a complete mess; tell me Draco," she looked up, staring into his nephew's grey irises "Would you have stayed here, hidden?"

His lower lip started quivering, his eyes falling sadly on you "No." he mumbled.

"I did everything I could to keep her safe without interfering with her life, just as you asked." she said with a sigh "Stupid decision, but who am I to judge." she said with the roll of her eyes.

Draco looked at her with a glare, taking himself a cloth and starting to heal your forearms. He stayed quiet, both working in silence before the tickle in his tongue became too much "I was trying to not take more from her than I already had." he grumbled, placing your arm carefully back on the bed.

Andromeda faced him, an eyebrow raised "You're a fool with other's emotions, that's what you are." she said "You might have as well save her the heartbreak, Draco. You have taken more from her than your pretty face might be able to repay." she said, standing to open the door with an expectant look in her face "Well go on, Harry is waiting for you downstairs."

"What is Potter doing here?" he grumbled, not moving a muscle from where he sat.

"He 's an auror. A very capable one, mind you." she said as she menacingly walked to him and forcibly took his arm, pulling him to his feet "Nothing will happen if you go fifteen minutes without being at her side, you spend two months out of your own will." she said, pushing him out of the room and closing the door before he could say something back.

She took a deep breath, tuning swiftly to the bed and staring at it for a second "You can stop pretending Miss Y/L/N." she said firmly, a small smile drawn on her lips "I know you're awake."

Your eyes fluttered, slowly adjusting to the bright light of the room as you tried to move, a grunt from deep in your chest leaving you as your entire body felt sore "How did you know?" you asked, voice hoarse as she offered you a glass of water immediately.