Questioning

Chapter One

Zane wondered around the bounty, making sure everything was in check and how it should be. The ninja were in Ninjago City in the sewers, attempting to reveal what had been recently hidden there, according to the sensors placed all around the city. Zane and Pixal had to stay behind to investigate over the sensors and the map, detecting if anything had settled in, but there was nothing.

Zane sighed as he sat in the sleeping quarters at the small table, fiddling with his hands. He had several thoughts in his mind that just didn't settle in correctly. Ever since he rebuilt himself again, he's been feeling different and that has been going on for several months. Zane thought nothing of it at first, but that's when he noticed the feeling only happened around Cole. Maybe something was wrong with him, but the feeling felt not only odd, but nice, comfy and warm.

He perked up, hearing footsteps behind him. He turned around and relaxed, sighing. "You frightened me, Pixal." Zane mumbled.

"Really? I just walked in." Pixal stated as she went over to Zane, sitting next to him.

Zane looked down, fiddling with his hands again.

"I detect that something is wrong with you, based on emotion. What is wrong, Zane?" Pixal asked as she scanned him over, tilting her head.

Zane shook his head a bit. "It's nothing, Pixal, I'm just, confused." Zane replied softly. "I know that me being confused is abnormal, but ever since I had rebuilt myself before you came out as Samurai X and The Sons of Garmadon invaded Ninjago City, where all of us met up after almost a year, I've been having strange feelings, mostly on the inside. Do you think I am glitched?" Zane looked at Pixal, clenching his hands together.

Pixal listened closely to Zane, thinking to herself. She did not have enough information to detect a problem with Zane. "What are these feelings like?"

Zane blinked as he raised his eyebrows, darting his eyes towards the floor. "Well, I guess I just feel a bit odd in ways where I could feel my heart beats increasing and it feels like I have butterflies in my stomach sometimes, but not literally." Zane told her as he looked back at the other nindroid.

"Hmmm, are you sure some butterflies aren't messing with your circuits?"

"Yes, I am sure, Pixal. I also feel my body heat up from time to time, especially my face, but I don't think that's ordinary..." Zane trailed off as he looked down at the table.

Pixal raised her eyebrows, coming to a realization. "Does this happen around anyone?"

"What?" Zane looked at her quickly.

"Feeling butterflies, feeling your system heat up, feeling your heart rate increase." Pixal started. "Does this happen around anyone? One of the ninja?"

Zane paused for a moment, before looking away slowly as his thoughts process. "It happens around... Cole."

"Cole?" Pixal questioned, but then smiled a bit. "Zane, you're not glitched and you're most definitely not broken."

"What do you mean?" Zane asked as he tilted his head, looking back at Pixal.

"My sensors detect that, you're in love." Pixal stated as she smiled more.

Zane's eyes widened feeling himself heat up again, which Pixal could tell from her sensors. Zane took a moment to process, but rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"But why am I only feeling this now? I don't understand..."

"Maybe after being separated from your friends for almost a year and seeing your friends again after rebuilding yourself, maybe you have come to realize that." Pixal stated as she stood up. "I know you and Cole and quite close with each other and have known each other the longest."

"But why only Cole?" Zane asked himself as he looked down a bit.

"You should think of that." Pixal told him as she started to walk away. "Also, it's obvious Cole is gay." She looked at Zane, smiling then left the room.

Zane stared at the door entrance, then turned back to face the table. He thought for a moment, thinking how he adored Cole so much based on his magnificent hair, his stunning face, his
attractive body, his outgoing personality. Zane paused as he analyzed his thoughts and quickly covered his face with both hands.

"I should tell Cole about this..." Zane sighed to himself and got up, but didn't move. "But, for some reason, I can't bring myself to it. This could either go right or wrong in many ways..." He huffed as he looked down, a bit sadly. "Perhaps I could understand myself more and even understand Cole more and I could come to a conclusion."

Zane walked out of the room, going back up to where Pixal was, walking up to her. "Anything?"

Pixal sighed in frustration and shook her head. "I don't understand why I cannot detect what is happening. Perhaps we should check on the others and see how they are doing."

Zane nodded and typed some things out, selecting things on the screen, then begin to engage in contact with Lloyd. It took a moment, before the screen showed the other ninja, walking with Lloyd. Lloyd had a camera around his head so they could see where he was going.

"Lloyd, this is Zane. Come in."

"I hear ya." Lloyd replied.

"Have you guys found anything? We looked over the sensors and the cameras, detecting over Ninjago City but we couldn't find anything." Zane explained to him.

"We haven't found anything big, but we did find this strange, purple sparkly substance on the ground." Lloyd spoke as he looked down, seeing a small puddle of the strange substance.

"Actually, I found it." Cole stated.

"We both found it." Kai agrued.

"We think someone could be using this substance to control someone, or use it to power something. This looks like the substance that the overlord used when turning you all evil when I fought him/my father." Lloyd explained as he knelt down to it."

"Ugh, don't remind of that time." Nya complained as she crossed her arms.

"Try to pick it up in some container." Zane told him. "Do still have the one I gave you?"

Lloyd nodded and pulled it out. "Um, I don't know how to get it in here. I don't want to touch it."

"Then let me touch it." Jay walked over, but Lloyd gently pushed him away.

"Jay! We don't know what this is or what it could do." Lloyd spoke, he then looked at Nya. "Could you use your powers to control it?"

"I control water, Lloyd. Not strange mysterious substance that could possibly kill us all." Nya scoffed.

"Well then, how about-"

"I got an idea." Cole spoke up and went over to it. He formed his lava hands and slightly punched the ground, cracks forming in the ground around the strange substance. Cole put his hands between the large cracks, pulling out a piece of cement that the substance was on, which Zane found pretty impressive. He tilted the cement and poured the substance in the container.

"Okay, that should do." Lloyd said and got up. "We're coming ba-"

"Guys, sorry to interrupt your FaceTime or whatever, but WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!" Jay yelled as he pointed down the sewer.

They all looked over, seeing a tall figure made out of the substance that they just picked up.

End of Chapter 1