First night //🥀

Anushree's viewpoint :

My breath hitched and heart started pounding again as Shubman picked up the mangalsutra and brought it close to me.

His hands touched my skin as he made me wear the holy pendant and I shut my eyes at the feel of it. He's giving me such serious goosebumps right now.

I'm just one step away from being called Shubman's wife. My heart is rushing so badly.

I felt the same during saat phere. Taking vows with him for our new journey made me feel so close to him. I haven't felt this way ever before.

As instructed by the priest, Shubman picked up sindoor next and inched his arm closer to me.

With his free hand he displaced my forehead jewelry a bit and deposited the holy powder in the middle parting of my hair.

Wearing the sindoor makes me feel so complete. I'm officially married now, it feels so different.

"Vivah sampanna hua." The priest announced a little later.

Shubman held my hand in his and helped me get up. At first the priest gave us several blessings for a happy married life.

We then touched feet of all our elder family members and relatives who gave us blessings and gifts as well.

My parents are so happy at the fact that they've sent me to a very trustworthy, loyal and loving family. Their eyes are filled with happy tears right now.

I rushed towards them and hugged them tightly, letting out all my tears on their shoulders.

I want them to be happy and that's the reason I'll never want them to know how I actually feel at this moment.

I don't know what the future holds for me but knowing that Shubman must be unhappy right now, doesn't give me any reason to feel contended.

However, I'm glad he's behaving so well in front of my family. At least he makes them smile and that is all I want.

"Vidaai ka time ho gaya hai, ab Anu hamare saath ghar aayegi." Shahneel di smiled while giving me a side hug.

I threw several handful of rice, wheat and coins as we moved outside, for the vidaai ceremony.

Then Shubman and I were made to sit in a new car, in which we'll be leaving for his home.

Keart mumma, Shahneel di and some other relatives of Shubman are following us in another car, along with our gifts to complete some rituals at his place.

Shubman and I stayed silent through the entire ride. He doesn't seem angry, but he doesn't seem happy either. He just looks neutral, whereas I'm way too nervous.

Up until now I had my family backing up with me, but what will happen to us now?

We're officially married but I don't know what's going on in Shubman's mind. Will he even accept me as his wife?

The car stopped at Shubman's apartment and we were taken upstairs, where Keart mumma welcomed us by applying tilak on our foreheads.

Then I pushed the jar filled with rice at the entrance and dipped my feet in red kumkum water, before entering the house.

"Ab tumlog aaram karo, hum sab subah milne aayenge." Mummy ji told us and then hugged me.

She makes me feel so comfortable and loved. I'm glad I have her in my life.