it had been a few days after the death of byakuya togami and teruteru hanamura. things seemed to be the same, but different at the same time. in fact, it felt bland.

like there wasn't anything left. there wasn't anything you could do other than accept the despair, although a few of the students like chiaki, hajime, and nagito said otherwise. speaking of that, where was nagito?

you had checked all over the island for him. he hadn't been seen the last two days. was he hiding from what happened at the trial? he seemed out of his mind.

but hajime was right. nagito wasn't living for hope. he was living to create despair so he could demolish it with hope.

you arrived at the dining hall, shakily sighing and sitting at a table with fuyuhiko. he always seemed so lonely. you wondered if he had any friends other than you. maybe a girlfriend back at home? you wouldn't be surprised.

"hey." you said, setting the plate of pancakes monokuma had made in front of you. they were surprisingly good; nowhere near teruteru's skills, but somehow not poisonous. he made a gesturing nod back to you and took a bite of his scrambled eggs.

"eggs? gross." you joked. he rolled his eyes. "tch, shut up." you lost your appetite thinking of the events from the past few days. with a sigh, you rested your head in between your hands. "i'm bored. can we do something today?"

fuyuhiko swallowed. "like what?" "i don't know, maybe go to jabberwock park and just talk. get to know each other better or something like that." you suggested, and to your surprise he approved. "sounds good. how about 5pm?" "alright, see you then baby face."

"H-HEY!!"

———

you slid on black thigh highs and a simple black skirt. you also threw on a band tshirt and lightly combed through your hair.

you slid on your shoes and headed to jabberwock park. the cold breeze formed goosebumps on your arms and legs as you hurried over to the park. you saw fuyuhiko sitting at a bench near the fountain.

"took ya long enough." "shut up." you replied, taking a seat next to the small boy and crossing your legs. "so, are we gonna ask questions now or something?" you asked, tilting your head to the side, to which he hummed in approval.

"okay, i'll just think of basic questions off the top of my head."

bold = y/n
normal = fuyu
"how many sweatpants do you have?"
"none. have to dress nicely for my family."
"last movie you watched?"
"star wars"
"do you tan a lot?"
"nope. never will"
"have any pets?"
"i wish. i really want a ferret."
"do you type fast?"
"somewhat"
"how are you feeling?"
"warm inside"
"do you regret anything from your past?"
"making friends"
"can you spell well"
"suspicos- of course i can spell well, dumbass!!"
"do you miss anyone from your past?"
"no, not really."
"ever broken someone's heart?"
"no, and i've never had mine broken."
"have you ever liked someone so much it hurt?"
"...yes."
"is something irritating you right now?"
"n-no!!"
"do you have trust issues?"
"yep"
"who was the last person you cried in front of?"
"i don't cry."

this went on for about an hour or so, asking stupid questions and getting to know each other better. by the end of the night your hearts beat in sync and you felt warm.

"are you cold?" he asked softly, as you could hear a small crack in his voice. "a little bit, why?" you perked, as he took off his jacket. he draped it over your shoulders. you smiled softly, your cheeks burning a bit as you put your arms through the sleeves and absorbed the warmth of him.

"thank you."
he smiled softly, and for the first time you saw him genuinely happy.

"HEY HEY!! party in hajime's dorm!!!" ibuki yelled to the two of you, making you both jump.
"NO!! there's no party! ibuki, stop spreading false info!" hajime yelled back, earning a giggle from you.

"well, i guess i should get going. i'll see you tomorrow at breakfast." you smiled, handing him back his jacket.

it feels so good to write again for u guys omg