𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. || 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

[Hello! This chapter is more-so a filler, sorry it's short! It's sorta rushed, oops!]

It hurt.

I couldn't believe it, he was leaving! I felt like I've known him my whole life and suddenly he's going to be gone. He promised to keep in contact, but he might not keep his promise.

What if he forgets about me?

☹︎
(𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊)
☹︎

"But, I do have to talk about something serious," Ranboo said quietly, looking at me in silence and biting his lip. Sadness lurked in his gaze, I couldn't place what he was getting at. Was he going to end our friendship?

"What is it?" I asked worriedly, stopping my swing, and gently grabbing his hand, tilting my head slightly. "Is everything okay?" I couldn't understand what was going on, Ranboo was never this emotional or upset around me. Of course, he had his moments, but he looked heartbroken. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. "You can talk to me." I smiled, getting up and moving in front of him, hugging him tight and then brushing some of his hair from his face.

"(Y/N)," he started, his voice cracking and raspy, the boy clearing his throat and taking a deep breath through his nose. "I'm moving away," he said in a broken voice, my eyes widening and my lips parting. I couldn't say anything, I could barely process anything. He saw my look, a sad smile on his face. He then bends down and hugged me, making us fall onto the grass. He held me tight, closing his eyes and his face buried in my neck.

"H-How soon.?" I asked, trying not to show the heartbreak in my voice. He paused and looked at me, telling me that they planned to be out two weeks from now. I felt scared, my heart heating out of my chest and my breathing becoming unsteady. "We'll still be friends, right.?" I was praying for a yes, but Ranboo looked away and thought for a second as if he couldn't give me an exact answer or promise for contact. Did he not value our friendship enough? Was I bothersome to him?

"I can't say," he croaked out, biting his bottom lip as tears rolled down his cheeks. I merely nodded and then slipped out from under his grasp, standing up and helping him stand. The air between us was tense, but as per usual; he spoke up to break it. "But, I think we should value the time we have together for now. As if it's our last moments alive together." he smiled warmly, seeming genuine with his words. I laughed half-heartedly, rubbing the side of my arm. Ranboo took my hand and led me off.

We walked down the street, going out to the edge of the city and to a large flower field that rested along the edge, split by a road into the city. This was where we usually went to look at the stars, why would he take me here?

We walked into the grass and flower field, Ranboo suddenly laying down on his back and patting the spot next to him, my eyes widening as I smiled and followed him. We laid side by side, Ranboo reaching for my hand and locking our fingers together. I held his hand, moving over and resting my head on his stomach, looking up at the stars with a hopeless sigh.

"Hey, (Y/N)," he spoke out, catching my attention. I looked over at him and let out a small hum in response. "How about we use the stars to think of each other when I'm gone." he seemed serious about this, making me smile like an idiot and nod.

"How?" I asked curiously. He then pointed up to the stars, tracing out the little and big dipper with his finger.

"Every night, if I see the little dipper, I can remember you," he responded. I looked at him and raised a brow. "And when you see the big dipper, you can think of me," he spoke so soft, so genuine, looking down at me and then moving his hand from the sky, petting over my hair and blushing slightly.

"How come you get to be the big dipper?" I complained, laughing and sticking my tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes and then paused, smirking, and messing up my hair.

"Because you're small, (Y/N)," he stated, my eyes widening and I glared at him, frowning.

"Just because I'm shorter than you doesn't mean I'm little! You're just freakishly tall!" I retaliated, earning a laugh from Ranboo.

"Alright, sure," he muttered, making me smile. "Shorty." he quickly added, making me gently and playfully hit him, causing him to laugh and squirm a little. "What!! It's true! Come on, let's just keep it how it is. At least for me?" he smiled, making my thoughts go haywire.

"Fine," I mumbled, pausing for a second. "Only if I get a kiss." I laughed, merely teasing. But, Ranboo took it seriously. He raised a brow and then sat up, picking me up and setting me on his lap, cupping my cheek and eyeing my lips.

"Is this okay?" he asked softly, only a nod coming from me. He didn't take that as consent though, he wanted a yes. "Are you sure?"

"Y-Yeah.. I'm sure," I mumble. He looked at me for any sign of discomfort and found none. He then moved forward and pressed his lips to mine, holding me close. I returned the gentle kiss and embrace, sighing against his lips.

This would be a night to remember.