𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. || 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃?

[This chapter will have some jealousy, so quick warning! Thank you for reading!]

After that night at the carnival, Ranboo and I had become closer. We didn't even know it was possible, but it happened. He came by just about every day, we'd watch movies while mom made us lunch, and I'd fall asleep on his chest - it was magical. He always made me feel so overwhelmingly happy, but it'd been a few weeks since Ranboo had shown up.

I felt sick without him, like a homesick type of feeling that lingered in my stomach. I was trying to message him, but it was unsuccessful. I was worried about him. I decided to get some fresh air, telling my mom I was going out to the park, in which she gave me water and a snack as I left. I held the sandwich-bag she gave me and the water in another, sighing heavily and making my way to the local park.

The park was just like any other, swings, slides, monkey bars, a climbing wall, those weird things you rock back and forth on, and Ranboo with a girl who I didn't recognize.

Wait, hold on.

I felt my heart drop to my stomach, seeing Ranboo sitting on the swing-set with a girl. She had long brown hair, striking brown eyes, porcelain skin, and her cheeks were rosy as she talked to Ranboo. Of course, I felt heartbroken, jealous, even. Suddenly my desire to be at the park was lessening, and I trialed over to a picnic table, quietly eating my sandwich and watching the two. They seemed too happy together... Did I make Ranboo this happy?

I shook my head, of course, I made him this happy! He's allowed to have other friends! I'm not always his top priority! But I couldn't help but feel bummed out. Was he ignoring me because he wanted to hang out with her? I felt my stomach churn at the thought, my body wishing to regurgitate the sandwich I was eating due to anxiousness. I didn't let my body do as it wanted, though, even if it felt right in this moment. I watched him hop off the swings as the girl said something, smiling like an idiot at her. Then, he turned ever so slightly. It was just enough for him to catch sight of me, his eyes sparkling excitedly as he waved his friend over and jogged to me.

Ranboo promptly sat down in front of me, smiling his usual broad smile, while the girl happily sat next to him and waved eagerly at me. I waved back slightly and kept my eyes away, pressing my lips together nervously. Ranboo broke the awkward silence faster than I would've liked him to.

"(Y/N)! I'd like you to meet Amelia!" Ranboo chirped happily, signaling to the girl who giggled and gave another wave. I gave her a friendly yet weak smile and sighed. She tilted her head in a questioning manner but didn't seem to ask.

"It's nice to meet you, (Y/N)," Amelia said softly, her voice was like cream. She was sweet, and her voice was angelic! What else could she be better at than me.? She then spoke once more. "Ranboo has told me so much about you!!! It's nice to connect a name to a face!" she hummed, my eyes darting up and my cheeks flushing. I looked over at Ranboo, who had a cheeky smile on his face, looking at Amelia with the same soft eyes he looked at me with. My small smile that had snuck onto my lips slowly fell; I had now realized it. I wasn't special; I was just another one of the people Ranboo talked to. I just felt special because of how he treated me; he treated everyone the same.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Amelia spoke up, causing me to look at her immediately. "Hey, are you okay? You didn't answer my question!" she giggled out the last part, causing me to flush nervously. I opened my mouth to ask what the question was, but I stopped myself.

"I don't want to answer any questions right now; I have to go home," I murmured weakly, quickly getting up and scarfing down the rest of my sandwich when I looked away from them. I tossed the bag out and drank some of my water, noticing my hands shaking like crazy. I heard Ranboo's voice behind me, but I didn't focus on it. He asked if he should walk me home, but I didn't give him any response. He took my silence as a no, not doing it.

I didn't go home, however. I went down the road and sat silently on the sidewalk, running my fingertips along with the concrete slowly with a sigh. I'll head back to the park when I think they've left, but I'm not going to try to talk to them after such a dramatic exit.

♡︎
(𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏)
♡︎

I made my way back to the playground in silence, my phone was off and in my back pocket, but it was vibrating a bit. I didn't acknowledge it, though; it was probably just loose notifications. The sun had set, and I knew it couldn't be too late, I was allowed to stay out late as long as I responded to my mom's messages and I was within run distance from home. I trailed over to the park in silence, seeing someone sat on the swing in the deserted area.

I pulled my phone out, seeing a few texts from Ranboo.

ranboob 🖤🤍😋

Hey, are you doing okay? :(

Come back to the park; I miss you. I'm sorry I haven't kept in contact, I've been forced to hang out with my cousin.

I'll wait for you, stay safe, (Y/N)!

Well, I felt like an ass.

Amelia was his cousin, which explained a lot. Her hair was the same color as his, her eye color was the same, and she had a face that seemed like his, but different. I felt like an ass; that must be Ranboo.

I walked over to him, seeing the brunette look up from his device and smile wide. He signaled to the other swing. I sat down next to him after putting our phones on the ground next to the swings, so they didn't fly out of our pockets.

"I'm sorry," I apologized quietly, seeing him looking at me with a quizzical expression as he rocked the swing slowly. "I'm sorry for reacting selfishly. I was jealous; I didn't know you and Amelia were related... I'm sure you're tired of me already." I murmured the last part under my breath, hearing Ranboo sigh slowly.

"I could never be tired of you; you're my best friend. I'm just glad everything is cleared up," he reassured. "But, I do have to talk about something serious."