Happy Birthday

Callie POV

I was clearing tables at the diner. I accidentally knocked a glass off the table, it shattered when it hit the ground. I knelt to the ground and started picking up the glass.

Robert- Be careful.

Callie- What?

Robert- Don't cut yourself.

Robert knelt to the ground and helped pick up the glass.

Callie- What are you doing here?

Robert- I hadn't heard from you in awhile, I went by the house.. they told me you didn't live there anymore.

Callie- Yeah.. 

Robert- They told me you got married.

Callie- I should get back to work.

I got up and finished cleaning the table.

Robert- I know your still angry with me.. but I'm your dad. Which means I will always be there to help pick up the pieces.

Callie- I really do need to get back to work.

Robert- Of course.

Robert turned and started leaving but then turned back to me.

Robert- I almost forgot.. happy birthday.

He held a small flat box out to me.

Callie- I can't take anything from you.

Robert- Please, take it.. we've missed a lot of birthday's together.

Brandon POV

Brandon- Thanks for helping me with this.

Jesus- No problem but are you sure you know what your doing? Since when do girls like kitchen tables for gifts?

Brandon- Trust me, this girl does.

Jesus- Whatever you say but if it backfires you know you'll be sleeping on that kitchen table.

Brandon- Funny.

Jesus- Are you sure you really want to be tied down to one girl for the rest of your life? I mean your going off to college in the fall, your not gonna be able to go to parties or just let loose.

Brandon- Come on you know I don't fit in at parties and am probably the tightest guy you know.

Jesus- Yeah but still..

I glanced across the yard and saw Jude sitting on the lawn.

Brandon- How's Jude doing?

Jesus- Okay I guess.. he hasn't said much lately. Look I gotta get to practice so..

Brandon- Yeah, go. I'll talk to you later.

After Jesus left I made my way over to Jude.

Brandon- Hey, bud.

He didn't look at me or answer me.

Brandon- I know your still mad at us.. but me and Callie being together dosen't have to change anything. Callie's still your sister, we're still a family.