CHAPTER FOUR: Bonding with Felix

It's been a couple of days since I've arrived at camp, and I'm glad to say that I've learned everyone's names.

Today, Pan is planning something... but what? I do not know. I get ready for today and head out to see Nibs and Cubby playfully fighting, Ted, Thomas and James are encouraging them and Ace is sharpening his spear.

I see Pan and Felix making their way towards me, "ready for today are you?" Pan asks , I nod. "Good, because Felix here is going to teach you how to catch fish" Pan smirks.

So I'm now heading out of camp with Felix, we go to the beach in silence and once we get there, he hands me a long spear. He takes off his shoes and rolled up his pants, I mimic his actions and follow him into the cool, shallow water.

"You gotta be really quiet" he whispers, "and once there is a fish nearby... stab it as fast as you can with force" he says while catching a decent sized fish.

"Ok" I say awkwardly, I see a fish and go to stab it , but I miss and let out a frustrated sigh as Felix starts laughing, "you're terrible" he says through laughter, "gee, thanks for the support" I say sarcastically and charge out of the water.

He let out a bored sigh, "wait" he said sounding as bored as his sigh, "what?" I snap, "get back here and I will help you" he rolls his eyes, I hesitantly go back into the water, he throws his spear back on land and came to stand behind me.

He puts his arms around my waist to grab the spear over my hands, and waited for a fish. Once we spotted one, he took control of where the spear moves and quickly pushed the spear in the water, stabbing the fish in the centre.

"That's how it's done" he whispered in my ear, causing shivers to run down my spine. Then he moved away leaving my backside cold.

We're now walking back to camp and now is probably the time to ask the question I have wanted to ask since our first meeting.

"So, were you the one who saved me from drowning that day?" I blurted out quickly, there was a long pause of silence before he answered, "maybe" he said quietly.

And with that, we're silent for the rest of the walk back to camp.