Chapter Twenty-One 💥 Dangerous Enough

I don't own anything except any original characters (including the Reader's concept) and/or any original plot

💥

Chapter Twenty-One - Already Dangerous Enough

💥

A/n: TRIGGER WARNING!! There is attempted sexual assault in this chapter

A/n: TRIGGER WARNING!! There is attempted sexual assault in this chapter. I've marked where it begins and ends if you'd like to skip. There is also dicussions of it after, so you can also skim the rest of the chapter if you wish. It won't harm your understanding of the story.

~*~

It had been a week since the battle in Deika City.

"A terrible tragedy unfolded in this once peaceful city. According to eyewitnesses, a group of 20 men and women with a particular grudge against heroes were the culprits. To conduct this premeditated attack, the terrorists used false information to lure heroes just outside the city before commencing their assault. In the face of this sudden threat, the citizens of Deika banded together to fight back. Heroes also joined the battle. Many of the good citizens of Deika lost their lives that day... but when the dust settled, all 20 of the conspirators were dead.

"At the time, president and CEO of Detnerat, Rikiya Yotsubashi was in Deika. Though he suffered terrible injuries - including the loss of his legs - the businessman survived. While some claim that the rampant Quirk use by untrained civilians did more harm than good, many are applauding the citizens of Deika as heroes who heeded the call of duty. With so many mysteries still surrounding this disaster, the investigation continues."

"The public will really eat up any bullshit story, huh?" You mused, swirling the wine in your glass around. Drinking alcohol reminded you or Kurogiri and made you miss him something fierce, but it also brought up memories of when things were so much simpler. When it was just you, Tomura, and Kurogiri talking about how you wanted the world to change.

"Makes it easier for us to fly under the radar for now," Atsuhiro mused, stuffing a piece of sushi into his mouth, "No pain no gain, right?"

"But you didn't do squat," Dabi rolled his eyes.

"Nonsense! I was an expert at running away."

"You not gonna eat this, Dabi?" Suichi asked curiously.

"Go ahead, I hate fish," Dabi waved a dismissive hand.

You smirked, "But you loved chicken, don't you?"

Spinning around on the couch, Dabi sent you a glare, "Watch yourself, or I'll sprain your other ankle and leave you crippled like our dear leader."

In the corner of the room, Jin was crying over a picture of Himiko's - now destroyed - clone.

"Ugh... poor Toga. I'm so sorry...If Toga hadn't shared her blood, Toga would have-" Jin cut himself off with a dramatic sob.