Chapter 9~ Mr. Popular

"Of corse"
After about 15 minutes of dancing we lay down and start to watch the movie. After we decided to head back to the compound, "I had a great time tonight Peter" "yeah me too, hopefully we could do if again sometime" he said as we approach the compound doors. "I would really like that" I smile and give him a kiss on the cheek. "Good night Peter" I turn and open the door, "good night Sophie."

Once I get inside I see Bucky sitting on the couch "hey, are you ok?" I sit next to him, "yeah, I just can't sleep. How was your date?" He looks up at me, I can tell he wasn't ok, but I don't think we are close enough yet to share problems. Time to change that, "it was really beautiful" I say with a smile as I lean my head back and reminisce about the night.

"Glad you had fun, Peters a good kid" Bucky said as he looked back down. "Yeah... hey you know you can talk to me right? I know I only met you the other night, but I'm here for you if you ever need me or just want to vent" I place a hand on his shoulder bringing my head down trying to see his face.

"Thanks, I might have to take you up on that sometime" he said as he turned his head towards me as a smile appeared on mg face. "Anytime you want" I started to stand up "now if you don't mind I'm going to go see if I can get out of this dress" I laughed a bit and started to leave"

He watched as I walked away and up the stairs "Good luck" "ha thanks."  I got ready for bed & went to sleep.

*The next morning*

"Come on Sophia, time to go for school" I heard Tony calling me "coming!" I rushed down the stairs in a baggy shirt and ripped jeans, "so how was the date?" Nat asked as she handed me a muffin. "It was amazing," I tell Wanda, Nat, & Steve about the date before riding my skateboard to school.

Once I arrive I see Peter in the halls talking to one of his friends, "hey Soph!" "Hey Peter" I started walking towards them. "Sophia this is Ned, Ned this is Sophia" he leans in closer to Ned "the one I was telling you about" "hi Ned, its lovely to meet you." I put out my hand to shake his, "its amazing to finally meet you. Wow Peter wasn't kidding, you really are beautiful" Ned shakes my hand, "aw thank you" I begin to walk to class with them.

"so you talk about me?" A smirk appears on my face as Peters goes a bit red. After my first class I have chemistry with Peter and Ned, I just transferred to this school so I don't have a seat. "Ok students, we have a new student joining us today. This is Sophia, Sophia you can sit beside Flash seeing as his partner isn't here today.

Flash nods at me, I start to walk over and take a seat beside him. "Hey gorgeous, so whats a hottie like you doing switching schools mid year, get in trouble or something?" He said while winking at me. I already knew this guy had a huge ego so I had to shut this down and quick. Peter and Ned were at the table behind us and Ned could see Peter didn't like how flash was talking to me.

I let out a small laugh "no. Actually my boyfriend goes here, so I switched to be closer with him." As the words came out of my mouth I could see Flashes expression change from confident snd flirty to straight with a hint of upset.

*Peters POV*
In his mind: 'I hate how Flash is talking to Sophie. What if he takes her from me? What if she falls for him? He's such a jerk, I don't know why she would. Whys she laughing now?

BOYFRIEND??!?'

I turn to Ned to see him looking at me the same way I'm looking at him. In shock and confusion. "Did she just say boyfriend? You didn't tell me you were official." Ned quietly said as I look in shock, "I didn't know we were or are."

In peters mind: 'what is happening? I have to talk with her'

*Back to Sophias POV*
*After class*

Once class is over I'm at my locker when Peter approaches "hey" "hey Peter, whats up?" I put my books away and started to grab my lunch, "I- uh, I heard what you said to Flash" Once he said that I froze in my skin. "Oh- yeah sorry about that, I could tell he had a really big ego and had to get shut him down immediately so I made up a excuse." Peter looks relieved and slightly saddened, "ok, yeah I was just confused for a bit"

"yeah sorry about that. Wanna go have lunch?" I asked as I closed my locker and held up my lunch bag. "Yeah, theres another friend I want to introduce you to" "wow more than one friend. You really are popular"

———————————————————————————

Please leave a comment on how you are liking the story so far
Please drop a follow to read more
Sorry if there are any spelling errors
I hope you are enjoying!❤️