Chapter 8~ Twinkling Trees

Once he left the kitchen I went up to my room to get ready. I put on a crop sweater and high waisted leggings with my nike runners before going back downstairs. "Hey you ready to go" Nat asked as I entered the room, "yeah, where do you guys want to go first?"

"Well I was thinking we could go look at some dresses" "thats a great idea Wanda, I also have that date tonight so I'm going to need something to wear" I said as I got in the car with them. "Don't worry Sophie, we will make you perfect for the date" Nat reassuringly added. About 15 minutes after blasting music and talking we finally arrived at the mall.

"Ok follow me, I know the perfect spot for date worthy dresses" Wanda said as we walked towards the escalator. After about 30 minutes of trying on dresses we found the perfect one. "You look beautiful" "Peters going to love it" Nat and Wanda said as I showed them the dress and did a couple spins.

"I really hope so"

We grabbed lunch & shopped for another 2hours before we decided to head back. Once we got back to the compound we saw Peter, Clint, Steve, Sam and Bucky training outside. "Hey ladies, how was shopping" "it was fun, we got some really great stuff" I replied Steve as we made our way inside. "Hey dad, we're back!" "Hey kid, did you girls have fun?" He asked as we walked through the living room.

"Yeah it was fun" Wanda replied. "The girls are just going to help me get ready" "ok see you later, Nat Wanda, not too much" he turns to face us as we rushed up the stairs "relax Tony" Nat said as she closed my bedroom door behind us. "No promises" Tony muttered to himself.

"Ok, Im going to take a shower and get cleaned up while you two can start setting up" I went into my bathroom. Nat and Wanda start to talk, "I can't believe how cool Tony is being with all of this" "I know! Totally not his style" they both have a small laugh.

5 minutes later I come out of the shower, "ok I'm on hair, Wanda you're on makeup, and Soph. Well, just sit there and wait" first Wanda started todo my makeup. Once she finished Nat started to blow dry my hair and curled it with the front top parts of my hair pulled back into a half ponytail, than I got into the dress while they picked out the shoes.

By now it is 7:30 giving me 30 minutes to do finishing touches before Peter arrives. "You look amazing Sophie" Wanda finished putting the makeup kit away, "Peters going to freak out when he sees you" Nat said as she opened the door.

"Thank you both so much for all your help. I had a lot of fun with you today" I give them both a hug. "We are happy to help" Nat said as we walked down the stairs as we walked downstairs.

"Wow", I hear someone whisper under their breath. As I look up I can see everyone just watching a movie, but now they are all looking at me. "How do I look?" "Stunning" "you look perfect" Sam and Steve said with all of them staring in awe. "Ok enough with the googly eyes. You look beautiful sweetheart" "thanks dad." Right when I finish talking I hear a knock at the door.

"Thats him, I better get going. See you guys later, bye dad" I give him a kiss on the cheek as I go to answer the door. "Hey peter!" "Hey-wow" his face goes on alert "everything ok?" "Yeah" he responded "you look amazing" "aw thank you" I say as I close the door behind me "ready?" He asked, "yes, where are we going?" I got in the car beside him and we started to leave.

"Well I got us a reservation at your favourite place and then after I have a surprise for you" "a surprise? What kind?" I asked as we turned the corner

"a good kind."

Once we arrived at the restaurant we were seated at our table that was at the side of the glass outside with the ocean to our left. "This is a beautiful spot Peter" I say as we both sit down "I thought you would like this table." After dinner and dessert Peter took me out to this patch of grass. "Why are we out here?" I asked exiting the car, "for the surprise of corse"

He took my hand and started to run out s bit further which is when I saw it. A big sheet with a projector and twinkle lights all in the trees surrounding us with blankets and pillows on the grass. "Oh my God, Peter it's beautiful" I start to turn in circles admiring the design. "Im glad you like it. I thought we could dance and watch a movie." "I love it Peter"

He walks over to this DVD player on the ground and presses play. A recording comes on "hey Sophie, I'm really happy to be with you tonight and I made this tape for you. I hope you like it" I turn to Peter "you made a mix tape" "yeah, I had to have Steve help, it's confusing" just then sway with me came on "may I have this dance?" He stuck out his hand for mine.

———————————————————————————

I am so sorry for the delay, been very busy with school.
Please leave a comment on how you are liking the story so far
Please drop a follow to read more
Sorry if there are spelling errors
Hope you are enjoying the story❤️