ThunderVan

Chapter 9

I was home studying when Max randomly started pounding on the door to my porch.

"What Max? It's like 5 o'clock, shouldn't you be creating an evil device right now?" I said, opening the door.

"No. Besides, I finished it earlier. I just wanted to stop by and tell you that Dad picked up the ThunderVan. So maybe I'll stop by later and we can take it for a joy ride." He smirks at me.

"Alright Evil Mastermind. Love you," I pecked his cheek.

"Love you too Superhero. See you later. I'll text you when I'm coming to pick you up."

"Okay, bye!" I waved as he jumped down off the porch. Back to studying....

I received a text from Max at 10:30 saying:
[Leaving now, sneaking into the van. Be there soon.]

I smiled and slipped on my favorite ripped up jeans and a black t-shirt with Max's leather jacket. I waited on my bed for him to text me that he was here. I waited for five minutes and then rolled my eyes. He must've gotten caught up with something.

I pulled the covers over myself and fell asleep, planning on how I would ask him about it in the morning.

-----

When the sun rose, I woke up and made sure I looked okay before brushing my teeth and heading over to the Thunderman household. I walked up and everybody was outside, talking with each other. I raised my eyebrow in question, but didn't actually say anything.

Max had one arm around his mom and the other around Nora. It was so cute that I took a picture.

"-disappointed in Max." Hank spoke with a smile.

"Awe, thank you!" Max said happily.

I rolled my eyes and walked up behind them. "Am I cutting in on a family moment?"

Max screamed and jumped, Barb catching him in her arms. He clung on to her. "Geez Mace! Don't sneak up on people!"

I rolled my eyes. "You know Max, maybe you should get used to people sneaking up on you if you're going to be a major villain one day."

Max rolled his eyes, scoffing, and let go of his mother, falling on his butt. This made everybody laugh. He pushed himself off the ground and brushed himself off. "Yeah? Well I wasn't expecting you to be here this early. I was going to come for you last night, but we got stuck in the van and- Oh man, I stood you up. Mace, I'm so sorry. Can you forgive me?" He asked like a child.

"Are you kidding? Of course I can! Besides, we can always take my parents van and drive around in that one."

He chuckled and kissed me. "Best girlfriend ever." I smiled and punched his shoulder lightly.

"Okay, ew. I'm going inside. For some air and space without Macy and Max romance going on." Phoebe announced and the rest of the Thundermans followed.

Max wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I held that hand as we walked back to my house to borrow the van from my parents.