Chapter 30

Paxton was in a dilemma

Paxton was in a dilemma. He was swinging between life and death and with every swing, life pushed him closer to death. He knew his end was near but before it could finally catch up to him he wanted to confess his love for the one and only person who had been oblivious of his feelings. While walking, his mind wandered and took him back to the first time he had met Mico.

In the city, far from the pack life, Paxton sat in the living room in his fancy clothes while sipping on his tea when the butler walked in.

"There is someone here to see you, sir," the butler said.

Paxton neatly folded the newspaper that he was reading and said, "who is it?"

"He refuses to give his name sir, but he says that he has a proposition for you that you would be glad to accept."

Paxton scoffed at the audacity, slightly impressed and intrigued.

"Send him in," he said.

Mico walked into the brightly lit room with gold and turquoise décor. He took a second to look at the interior before taking a seat on one of the sofa chairs that lay in front of Paxton. A round coffee table separated the two.

Mico had a back and arms rested on the chair and opened his mouth to say something but stopped when Paxton held his hand up.

"Before you ask for requests I think it would be polite to introduce yourself," he said, crossing his legs.

His visitor blankly stared at him.

"Do I get a name? Or can you not speak," Paxton asked jokingly.

"Mico," he said in a heavy voice.

"What is this proposition that you think I would be so glad to accept?" Paxton asked while putting his left arm on the armrest and looking at Mico expectantly.

Mico smirked before leaning forward.

"Does your butler know you are a werewolf?" Mico asked. "Or should I tell him?"

Paxton's eyes widened as he looked around to see if his butler had heard the conversation or not.

With an angry face, he spewed, "what do you want?"

"Join my pack," Mico said as he once again sat comfortably in the chair.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" he asked.

Mico laughed. "You are smart. No, you do not have a choice. And before you try to be over smart... I know your pack is looking for you and I know what you did. A friendly piece of advice, it isn't too safe for rogues to roam around freely these days. You never know when and who could kill you for not only deserting the pack but also robbery."

Paxton uncrossed his legs and leaning forward, said, "Okay, let's say I join your pack. Then what?"

"Firstly, we would gladly like to accept a large donation as a gesture of goodwill and allow you to be a part of the pack," Mico said, while Paxton still laughed at his audacity. "Second, you will be loyal to me, no questions asked. The current Alpha will end up in prison soon. Victor, a fellow pack mate will be the next Alpha."