Chapter 5

All day she had been worrying and wondering about the scars on her shoulder but it was long forgotten now

All day she had been worrying and wondering about the scars on her shoulder but it was long forgotten now. Her attention was on Ethan and he was well aware of it.

Olivia had been eyeing him from time to time as the discussion proceeded about casting the roles, though hers and Ethan's place as the protagonists was fixed. On any other occasion, she would be attentive in the meeting, however, this time she had little to no interest in anyone else except for one.

Ethan could feel her gaze on him. He smiled inwardly and thought that his task might be easier than he anticipated. All he had to do was to find the right time to abduct her and use her into becoming the Alpha.

After the meeting was over, the roles were decided and the group slipped into a slightly casual conversation. Ethan was immediately surrounded by all the females except the one he actually wanted. 'Where are you from? What do you like? How old are you?' were some of the questions that were hurled in his way. Olivia tried not to focus on him. Instead, she chose to listen to a different conversation happening between Sean, the director, and William, the writer of the play.

"It took 45 minutes to read those pages out to him and it was no pleasure at all!" Sean said.

William replied, "Why would you voluntarily read something for pleasure if it is not fiction?"

Olivia didn't like the 18-year-old writer. He was the kind of pessimistic person who wrote nothing but tragic fiction. Although she agreed with what he said. She too wouldn't read anything if it's not fiction. She hated the fact that those agreeable words came out of his mouth.

"I must say though, the script looks great," Sean said. "Do you have any more pieces that we can read?"

"I do have an idea for a story to write, although it would be offensive. I might get banned from a certain country." Will chuckled.

"Haha," Sean laughed nervously saying, "you don't want that now, do you."

"No, actually, I would love to be banned from a country. It means I've reached the level of achievement of either Salman Rushdie or the Taliban. There's a fifty percent chance for success."

Olivia was annoyed now and shifted her glance back to Ethan. But this time he was looking right at her. He saw the flushed look on her face as she excused herself to the washroom. She hid in the stall and immediately called Natalie. It went to voicemail.

"Nat! there's a really cute guy here at the drama club. I was thinking about what you said earlier and I think I see something happening with him...if he wants it though. I'm not gonna force myself on him. Eh...this is awkward. Anyway, just calling to let you know that he could be the one! Okay, bye!"

______________________________________

Don't forget to vote!

Thank you