{Chapter 32}

Everything spun around and her head throbbed. Two blurry faces called out to her but all she could hear was the fierce pounding in her head. Mia slightly opened her eyes -and saw the sky tinging pink as the sun rose gradually- before she closed them again and the throbbing numbed her head.

When she came to again, she could hear Mia's sugary voice drip into her drowsy head. "Mia. Get up, come one".

Mia opened her eyes, the sky above was a faint rose and streaked with carmine. Dawn.

"We lost another day! Only two days left! Let's move," Mia exclaimed and stood up quickly." Oh," she uttered as the world spun and temporarily went back.

"Mia, sit down!", Kira ordered and pulled Mia down, she slumped on the floor and looked at her friends. They all sat on the temple steps.

Kira looked expectantly back at her, she had a long scar curving over her cheek, covered in some type of ointment. Cathy sat on the far side, sharpening her arrow, her finger was supported with something and wrapped in gauze.

"How long have I been out?," Mia gingerly touched her arm and winced, her wound was wrapped in a plethora of bandages yet it still hurt.

"Whole night," Kira said and offered Mia a biscuit. Mia accepted it hungrily as she exercised her numb arm.

"But the sky is the same as yesterday. When will the sun rise?," Mia munched on the biscuit.

Kira burst out laughing at this, her sweet voice echoing everywhere." The sun never rises here, if it did then it'd take most of our powers away and melt the surrounding snow that makes us stronger".

"So how do we know what time it is?", Mia brushed her hands and took a gulp of water.

"Count the streaks in the sky. There are five and a half rosy streaks which means it's about five thirty right now," Kira explained.

"Oh," Mia said," why didn't you go inside the temple while I was out?".

Kira shrugged," we just wanted to wait and do it with you".

Mia nodded and pursed her lips," Let's go now", she stood up and although her head pained and her arm ached, she felt a lot better and was determined to finish what she started.

"Mia, you have lost a lot of blood. We can't continue," Kira stood up and put a hand on Mia's shoulder.

"It's just a scratch, it'll heal. Now come on," Mia started walking when Cathy spoke up.

"It'll get infected," she pointed to the slight greening on her arm," better if we return", she said without looking up.

"Of course not! What's gotten into you?! We almost got digested by a slime puddle and a godforsaken snake, waded through knee-deep snow through extreme temperatures and fought those freaking beast," Mia's voice rose several octaves as she furrowed her brows in anger and pointed to the blue blood on the powdery snow." And you're telling me to quit? Never".

"But listen to m-", Kira started but Mia had already gathered up her belongings and was walking towards the faraway entrance to the shimmering temple.

"Her stubborn streak is a mile long," Cathy smiled slightly and stood up to follow Mia.

"Congratulations," Kira sidled up next to Mia and smiled.

"For what?".

"You found you element".

"I did?!", Mia paused, her eyes wide in excitement.

Kira nodded," don't you remember roasting that Blizzard? Damn, that was awesome!".